• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Telepathy in autistics

Ylva

V.I.P Member
This is a fun read:
Evidence for Telepathy in an Autistic Savant

So she began to wonder if maybe some savant skills were actually the result of psychic abilities. When word got out of her interest in the connections between the two, she received information about a 9-year-old autistic savant whose therapists had already begun to wonder if she might be telepathic. This girl was labeled a mathematical savant and was able to produce correct answers when asked to multiply six-digit numbers by each other or to find cube roots of six-digit numbers. But one of her therapists noticed that, when the therapist made a mistake in stating the problem or in figuring it on the calculator or computer, the girl’s answer would mirror the mistake. Another therapist independently began to get the feeling that the girl was reading her mind. So she asked her, “How do you say ‘I love you’ in German?” even though the girl had never been exposed to that language. The girl typed out, “Ich liebe dich.” Powell decided the case merited investigation

On one hand, it's super easy to dismiss this sort of thing, for all sorts of obvious reasons.

On the other hand, I wouldnt be surprised for a second if this turned out to be true, particularly in relation to autism.

On the mutated third hand that I dont actually have, I'm far too lazy to REALLY ponder this stuff. When weirdness happens, it's so much easier to just roll with it. Effort is the enemy.

I would like it if it was an autistic savant holding a seance.

The dead were telling her multiplied prime numbers the whole time.

I won't normally read such things unless they are studies published in peer reviewed formats. Something tells me the upcoming 'results of the author's studies' will not be there.

Isn't mirroring mistakes an indication of cheating?

I don't know about the language one. Is it a known thing for geniuses to just know languages?

They should have somebody ask her to say something in a language in which the person asking doesn't know the answer and then they check after she answers.

Unless she's like, "idk, look it up, why yall ask me all this, I aint google"

I would like it if it was an autistic savant holding a seance.

The dead were telling her multiplied prime numbers the whole time.

While I'm willing to have an open mind towards the possibility of psychic abilities, I do have times where I like to joke about them too.

For example, in regards to Mediums talking to the dead, they always talk like "I'm getting an image...there's a man coming through...I'm getting a weak response...John?...James?...Julius?...who was the one who left the paintbrush in the pot of glue?"
With all due respect, is using psychic powers to connect from the physical world to the spirit world the metaphysical equivalent of when you'd try to get a signal on those old portable televisions by moving around that analogue aerial that's plugged in at the back?

tv-aerial-tv_aerial-television_aerial-quality_control-quality_test-kbun176_low.jpg

It'd be cool if science actually found out how psychic powers worked and found ways to boost them, such as allowing a medium to see much more clearly into the spirit world when communicating with the deceased. Mind you, if you were a medium who could see clearly into the afterlife, you'd probably get some mediums who'd become distracted by what else was going on.

Medium: "Yep, I can see your father clearly - he's saying that it was murder and the person who killed him w-OH MY GOD, THERE'S ROBIN WILLIAMS!"

Last edited:
l can see prime numbers in my crystal globe, l want a seance with a chocolate bar, donuts always appear in nightmares

Rumors of the military studying psychic phenomena, the men who star of goats kind of thing, were true, so I wonder about another one: that they got distance seeing to work, but dropped it because there wasn’t enough detail.

It could be said by those who believe in it that I exhibit some physic abilities. I figure if that were true it would be a compensation for all my cognitive impairments.

Rumors of the military studying psychic phenomena, the men who star of goats kind of thing, were true, so I wonder about another one: that they got distance seeing to work, but dropped it because there wasn’t enough detail.

You saying that has made me remember when I used to play a game on the PS2 called "Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy" (a game I wish would get a sequel as I liked it a lot), which involved you playing as Nick Scryer; a psychic soldier who was recruited by a US Government military branch called Mindgate, which seeks out and trains those with psychic powers, with Scryer managing to learn and master Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Remote Viewing, Aura Viewing and Mind Control.
When a terrorist organization called "The Movement" begins attacking Mindgate bases and stealing certain objects with ancient links to the development of psychic powers, Nick Scryer is given a facial reconstruction and memory wipe before been allowed to be captured. Once inside, he is aided by a Mindgate operative - a telepath named Sara Blake - who gives him a drug to help recover his memories and powers and guides him as he seeks to find out what the terrorists want and stop them in any way possible.
However, The Movement is not only run by Mindgate's former leader - General Krieger - but also by several American/Soviet psychics whom, while only proficient in one specific power, are Elites who have took their mastery of their powers to a level exceeding Scryer's abilities.
As I said, the game was interesting and I liked it a lot.

Anywho, when I went into the game's extras, one of the extras - "PSI Secrets" - not only went into how they made the game, but also stated that they used now-declassified government files which showed how the government/military was actually doing research into trying to create soldiers with psychic powers.

Give it a watch - it's only 10 minutes and it's pretty interesting (apologies for the 240p quality):

New Threads

Top Bottom