• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tech support, Win 10

One way to meet people that you have things in common with, is to start posting your own threads!
Also you may like to read some articles, and comment about what you have read

@Dennis S , there are two easy ways for you send a Private Message on the site. I will give you one of them.

Let's say you wanted to send me a message.

In the upper right hand corner, you will see the word "Inbox". Hover your mouse over that word without clicking on it.

A menu will drop down, labeled "Conversations".

To send a message to a new person, click on "Start a New Conversation", in gray lettering.

upload_2021-9-16_19-59-29.jpeg

This page will open:

upload_2021-9-16_20-6-26.jpeg

Under "Participants", type in the recipient's name.

Next, give the message a title, telling the other person what it is about. Type out the body of the message.

Once you're satisfied with it, click the blue box titled "START A CONVERSATION". The message has now been sent to the recipient.

It's that easy!

I have windows 10, and I've noticed all of my formatting options (above the text window where we type our "Post replies") are greyed out and I cannot utilize them.

Does anyone know a quick fix for this?

It's not too big of an issue, if no one knows. But I figured I'd ask in case it is something simple that others might encounter also.

FORUMS:

By far, the most used, most helpful, and most fun part of the site where people can post or share public threads about a number of topics. Topics are grouped into Categories based on the Subject, for ease of use of the site.

BLOGS:

These for lack of a better description, are public diary entries. People use these to write about whatever they want: to either share information with others, or get something off their chest.

MEDIA:

You can browse through photos that other people have shared, or post some of your own!

RESOURCES:

Sort of the phone book/ self help section, where you can go to find websites, phone numbers, and information that is relevant to the Autistic Community, and parents/caregivers of Autistic people.

CHAT:

It is rarely used, but it is a place where you can go to just talk in real time with other users of this site. If you see a little red box attached to the chat icon, that means one or more people are on the chat, and you can talk to them.
Is there somewhere to make journal type posts and edit the privacy so I can record thought fragments and keep them private until I've finished the entire thought and then change the privacy? I too am only using smart phone. No computer.

Edit: I tried to send private message to myself but the action is not permitted.

Edit: thanks anyway, I found it by gathering the courage to make a blog post that I thought would bee public!

Last edited:
New thought.

How do I set the bottom of a thread page to have a list of "related threads" instead of "new threads"?

New thought.

How do I set the bottom of a thread page to have a list of "related threads" instead of "new threads"?
Unfortunately, this isn't something that you can change.

New Threads

Top Bottom