• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Teacher Mocks Student With "ADD Award"

How rude! Poor kid, I wouldn't have wanted to be mocked or outed like that in front of my class. 504s are meant to be kept confidential. Very unprofessional on the teacher's part. My old mentor had ADHD and she said a teacher called her the r word once. I don't understand why there is such a stigma about ADD and ADHD.

There are too many teachers without compasson or understanding....this goes beyond that, though, a person who mocks their students shouldn't teach children (or anyone, really).

This is many examples as to why lots of kids are being homeschooled these days because of the lack of compassion from others and being bullied. It’s just sad that people have to treat others poorly

This story is a familiar one for me: My mother had to go to my school to intervene because an entire class (including the teacher) bullied me, and their solution was to diagnose me with ADD. Thankfully, my parents didn't buy it.

My heart goes out to Camden. I truly hope that he has the resources available to get better after this terrifying ordeal. I also have to applaud the mother for being so supportive of her son, because without her this would have been devastating in the long-term.

I also hope that the teacher never sets foot in a classroom ever again at the very least. Torturing someone during their developmental years? That's a special kind of cancer that deserves to be expunged from our society.

The sad truth is, most "teachers" really, really HATE the kids. I mean REALLY. The days when teachers were in the classroom because they had a calling are LONG gone. Today, it's all about the guaranteed paycheck and guaranteed health insurance, and actually teaching the kids is WAY down the list. Teachers will regurgitate a wikipedia article for 15 minutes and then the kids will play on their phones the rest of the time. Friday is "movie day" where the same movie will be shown every Friday, and the kids will be on their phones, listening to rap via earbuds and surfing Instagram. Kids routinely graduate high school unable to do simple tasks like reading. The rich kids in private schools are educated, everybody else is left to fend for themselves. America is heading for a massive societal trainwreck because of millions and millions of barely literate people whose lives revolve around drugs and social media. They have pretty much no education at all. It's extremely bad here.

Wow. How ugly. <FACEPALM>

Teacher gives paper to student diagnosed with ADHD citing "Most likely to be distracted by…look something shiny!” with a zombie holding a balloon. The zombie is also holding a gold ribbon that says “good work.”

A Connecticut mother says her 13-year-old son was given the 'ADD Award' by his teacher
OUTRAGE!!! It is bad enough to deal with the ostracism and being singled out due to non sheep behavior. To get an "award" for this is beyond contemptible. The fact that it was pre-printed tells me it was one of those things given so everyone has an award and feels good, whether they earned it or not. The "Good Work" is more empty condescension than a congratulations.

An award which mocks and insults is not an award.

The sad truth is, most "teachers" really, really HATE the kids. I mean REALLY. The days when teachers were in the classroom because they had a calling are LONG gone. Today, it's all about the guaranteed paycheck and guaranteed health insurance, and actually teaching the kids is WAY down the list. Teachers will regurgitate a wikipedia article for 15 minutes and then the kids will play on their phones the rest of the time. Friday is "movie day" where the same movie will be shown every Friday, and the kids will be on their phones, listening to rap via earbuds and surfing Instagram. Kids routinely graduate high school unable to do simple tasks like reading. The rich kids in private schools are educated, everybody else is left to fend for themselves. America is heading for a massive societal trainwreck because of millions and millions of barely literate people whose lives revolve around drugs and social media. They have pretty much no education at all. It's extremely bad here.
True most teachers seem to not care for the kids these days but I don’t think all teachers are that way, there are a few good decent ones out there. For instance I still keep in touch with a few of my former teachers back from high school , the ones who really supported and believed in what I can do. I couldn’t get through life without those few teachers to be honest.

It's all just mind-boggling. This is out-and-out malice.

An element that IMO that should NEVER be in any classroom. No exceptions.

New Threads

Top Bottom