• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Talkative

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
I notice now that since I have been socializing I have been very talkative. Last week Friday night prayer we were playing word games and I was very talkative. After church service we ate out at I was quite talkative.

Just the other day at the Tuesday Bible study I attended I talked to this guy. Of course the topic was computers so I was able to strike up an conversation even mentioning the recent WWDC event and how I use an Windows machine because I think Mac's are overpriced.

Then at yesterday Bible study "yes I am in five groups at TGC" we were taking about what movie should we go too.

So my question the reason why I am like this now was after I took that bogus Aspie test and scored an abysmal Autistic score of 175 out of 200 and NT score of 20 out of 200 I knew thanks to the support here I can do more and I have throwing that dumb test in the Recycle Bin and emptying it.

You can be autistic and talkative, my husband is and so am I when it's a subject I'm interested in. As a matter of fact, the more I talk with people, the more I become used to it. Then it seems usual for me. I'm glad for you Tony, sometimes we have to come out of our shell and it's harder for some than others.

Last edited:
Not a bogus test, as it was the same test, when I was being assessed for asd.

I can be very talkative and also, so quiet that some question if I am in the room.

I can be talkative but it’s usually when it’s about a special interest or I can be the opposite and get asked by someone if I am ok, also my older brother is on the spectrum aswell and he is very talkative.

Yesterday when I gave my preliminary presentation on speech in Autistic adults two of my classmates volunteered that they're diagnosed. They're both talkative once it's about something they're interested in. One shared that he didn't start speaking until he was five, but had the support he needed post diagnosis and is on his way to becoming a professor. He's hands down one of the best lecturers I've seen, teaches, and typically chats about his field with either classmates or the professor during breaks.

Guilty as charged. :p

But only when I have either a comfort level with what is being discussed, or even more critical in my case, a comfort level with those I am talking to.

Otherwise you didn't hear me because I probably never said a word. :oops:

Not a bogus test, as it was the same test, when I was being assessed for asd.
Weird as I scored such a bad score that it told me I was practically a hermit which is so wrong so I ignored it and never bothered to take it again recently.

New Threads

Top Bottom