• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

takeing contact with others

regnkappa

If you want to take contact with someone , how do you do it? is it easy or not?

I am just babbeling on asking alot of questions. Not taking in the response so much. just keep asking to keep the conversation going. After I rarely know what we talked about or if we got to any point of anything.

Its hard for me to really be "there" while we are interacting. And I am very selective of who I am willing to talk to or not.

I'm not an aspie, but thats still fairly interesting. I go through a similar process when trying to make conversation with people I don't know. It's always the same string of questions depending on where I am too - I have questions i'll ask people at work, people at college etc.

I can only engage in proper conversations with people i already know really well, or have a lot of background information about.

I find conversation quite often just feels like work. I find it usually difficult to keep track of what a person is saying and that I have to put alot of thought into what I want to say. It gets very frustrating when I've planned to say something yet the conversation moves beyond the point of what I want to say even being relevent. I think I prefer to just not engage, unless I have something specific I want to say or if the conversation can be steared into a direction of my favourite interests.

It gets very frustrating when I've planned to say something yet the conversation moves beyond the point of what I want to say even being relevent.

I get this a lot. I feel the best way is to just say it. The more I start thinking about saying it and trying not to talk over the top of someone or be rude, the more chance I will just remain quiet and not speak.

Chris, stop making me not feel unique and special D:. LOL.
Seriously though, it's weird. I bet a lot of the stuff considered Aspie traits NTs would be able to relate with on some level o_O.
Either that. Or Chris might have AS o_O.
EMZ=]

Chris, stop making me not feel unique and special D:. LOL.
Seriously though, it's weird. I bet a lot of the stuff considered Aspie traits NTs would be able to relate with on some level o_O.
Either that. Or Chris might have AS o_O.
EMZ=]

Sorry. Willow warned me about going 'omg i can relate' to everything, incase it made people feel like that. I don't mean to. But i really can relate.

...Might aswell fess up.... In a PM lol. Give me five minutes.

I was just being sarcastic xD.
EMZ=]
Edit: About the feeling unique and special thing, not the AS NT AS thing ^_^.

Sorry. Willow warned me about going 'omg i can relate' to everything, incase it made people feel like that. I don't mean to. But i really can relate.

...Might aswell fess up.... In a PM lol. Give me five minutes.

Not sure if you can relate to this so much Chris, another great problem I have with communication is that my voice tends to be very quiet when speaking. So even when I do have an oppitunity to say what I've been planning to say...it can often go unheard, or the reaction is 'what?' in which case the whole process begins again. :(

Not sure if you can relate to this so much Chris, another great problem I have with communication is that my voice tends to be very quiet when speaking. So even when I do have an oppitunity to say what I've been planning to say...it can often go unheard, or the reaction is 'what?' in which case the whole process begins again. :(

I can relate to that. I can speak fine when indoors, but outside my voice just seems to go. I find that if I try to raise my voice, it just gets more strained. Since my voice "broke" once I became a teen, it hasn't helped either.

One way around this is to buy a megaphone.

I shouted a lot when I was younger when I got pissed off (you know, brotherly love). Maybe that's one thing what caused it.

New Threads

Top Bottom