• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tai Chi

Joel's Hear

I'm here, at least for now
I have studied Tai Chi for the last several years. I do it to relax and meditate. This is a demonstration of a defense form I use, Triangle Heron/Crane, in which I attempt to harness “Qi” (life force energy) while standing on only one leg. To do this, you must have firm command of “Yi”, which translates to mind or thought.

Achieving total control and force while remaining pliant is a key core concept of Tai Chi. The bones remain still as stone, allowing the fluid liquidity of the muscles. They are like the clear separation of yin and yang: the former is soft and subtle to achieve speed and dexterity, the latter harder and unyielding. To fully combine and coordinate both is the ultimate goal of Tai Chi.

These stretches really help me with my MS, which can antagonize my autism.

I've done Tai Chi for many years.
It is a great moving meditation. Excellent for the body and mind.

Thanks this is interesting. I will research Tai chi, I have done a few movements that some friends were demonstrating on a residential week I attended, mainly just standing and moving arms. This looks more challenging and I don't yet understand the underlying ideas. It will go well with my new regime of skipping with a skipping rope for full on exercise!

I have never really been into the meditative arts. But from what I have seen Tai Wun Ahn lookings very relaxing.

irish-yoga-funny-pictures-bench-asleep.jpg

irish yoga.jpg

irish yo.jpg

Also known as Irish Yoga.

;)

Thanks everyone! The tai chi/qigong stretches I do get really tiring, but in the end it helps with my agility and sensory issues. I practice six times a week, but I have a bunch of kids and so sometimes it can be really hard to find the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom