• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SYSTEM FAILURE: "Wake up, Tyler, You're Still Alive! WAKE UP!"

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I have already told you guys about this in chat.

A few nights ago, Charles and I hung out, we opened up to each other a little bit, and we decided to go out to poker, but this time, we decided to take a couple friends with us; a good friend of Charles', Heather, and her mother.

So, poker was alright, but then after a few stops, which I didn't mind, Heather decided she wanted to drive the car. So, okay, fine, I thought, as long as she's able to drive and she knows what she's doing, I'm okay with it.

What I didn't know was what exactly our car was capable of. And that's what caused everything to happen to me.

Before I go any further, I want to make ONE THING absolutely clear; when this happened as Heather was behind the wheel, YES, she DID know what she was doing the whole time, and NO, nobody got hurt, the car didn't crash, nobody was injured, all that happened was that she was in a BIG hurry to get home, and well, let's face it, when you have to hustle, you gotta get there somehow.

I'll explain.

We were halfway down the road heading to my house, the plan was for all of us to hang out there for a while. But then, Heather realized that when she left the house, her stepfather/brother/whoever owned her house that she was living in or whatever was asleep and didn't know she was out of the house, and she didn't want him getting suspicious or something, I don't know. So when she realizes this, she realizes that she has to get home N.O.W. NOW, as in , DON'T STOP FOR ANYTHING fast.

So I'm sitting there, enjoying the night air as the window is down, and I have my eyes closed...and then the car starts to speed up.

Faster. Faster. Even faster. It felt like I was riding the most furious dragon and I was strapped to its back. All I knew to do was hold on to the overhanger (or whatever the handle part above the window is called), keep my eyes shut, and breathe.

Don't move, Tyler. DON'T. MOVE.

Left and right, around and over, sharp turns were taken at a second's time and the mechanical beast I rode in snaked around every possible obstacle; the most surreal thing about it was, the car never left the road the whole time. It was like the devil's roller coaster.

Heather did not mean ANY harm whatsoever; in fact, she took the time to calmly talk me down while I breathed like I did. She's a sweet girl, she really is.

My mind trusted Heather's words....but my body didn't want to listen. It just knew it was moving too fast to survive anything that might cross our path if something jumped into our way, like a deer.

Infinite speed continued to build, and now, I could feel myself fighting the fiercest, most intense ten-minute war for the healthiest amount of oxygen to put in my lungs. But the more I swallowed, the more I forced out, and the faster I breathed...

Despite Heather's angelic words of safety, I fought the world around me to stay alive, and I found myself begging God, aloud...

"No. No, God. No, please. I'm too young. I don't want to die here. I don't want to go now. Please let me live. I'll do anything. I'll listen to Charles. I'll never back talk him again, I SWEAR! I SWEAR ON MY LIFE! PLEASE LET ME LIVE!"

The most raspy, shadowy voice began to speak to my mind.

"It's too late, kid. You didn't turn away in time. You didn't tie up the loose ends. Now it will cost you. Now it will cost your sister."

Help. Please. Somebody. Anybody.

And suddenly, the car slows down...I open my eyes to see the approach of cul-de-sac neighborhood. The car is steadily waning into Heather's yard.

Heather meows to me again with words of safety, reassuring me the ride is over, and it was only because she had to hurry. Finally I could speak again, I could finally talk again, but I was only able to muster seven words...

"I think I'm going to pass out---"

The world around me swerved and swayed, tilted on its axis, and down I went in the backseat of the car.

What's happening?
What's going on?!
Charles? Heather? Anyone?!
...I can't move...
What is this place?
Am I dead...?

My name is being called. Someone is calling my name...

"TYLER!"

As Heather's mother's hand slaps my chest as hard as it can...my body remembers it's still alive. And now I'm awake again.

There's just one problem.

I can't remember anything.

All previous memory of what happened up to that point was absolutely GONE. I couldn't recall getting out of bed that morning, eating breakfast, playing anything on Charles' computer, going anywhere to do anything with him...

And that's when I realize....I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT MYSELF!!

It started with "What happened?! What happened to me?! My whole body...feels like..." and then I couldn't describe it. I was slowly lead out of the car, I had to actually re-learn how to walk for a second, and I carefully got myself in Heather's house, on the couch.

Somehow, I can remember who Heather, Charles and the rest of my family and all else are...but I suddenly don't know anything about myself. Before I can address this, Heather, being the absolute angel to me that she is, took it upon herself to let me take the longest rip off the bong she had, it had a mixture of two different types of weed in it, I think Savat and something else, I don't remember. When I finally breathe it out, after letting it absorb in my lungs, it's the most dramatically powerful healing effect I've ever felt. All the panic and instability I had, VAPORIZED by whatever this magical....potion...was.

I steadily moan out my relief...and then I start asking Heather....

"Heather...? I don't remember anything. At all. What's my name?"

"You're Tyler, honey. Your name is Tyler."

"Are you sure? I don't feel like that's my name...and what about my birthday? How old am I?"

"Uh, I think Charles said you're 23?"

"Charles....yeah, my stepdad. And Dawn is my mother...and I have two sisters, Sophia and....Hailey. Sophia is like...really....really....she's magic or something."

She helps mellow out and she's kind enough to let me watch TV. She navigates her Roku to Family Guy.

I take this opportunity to heal. Just focus on healing. I remembered that I have gemstones, and I know their powers, like Amethyst heals you, I think, but, they were all at home.

I keep telling myself to watch the TV, but somehow I can't. I just find myself wanting to stare forward. Like something was hypnotizing me. It certainly did feel like I was under hypnosis of some sort, but I don't recall anybody giving me any kind of induction.

I have never, in my entire life, ONCE, ever experienced a panic attack so bad that it caused me to faint. I have stated this already, but Heather meant NO HARM, and as you read, she DID know how to navigate the car. Yes, she had NO room error, and getting pulled over would have been very, very bad. But obviously Heather has done this before, and I'm still alive, so I still trust her.

But that...will stick with me forever. To this day I'm still holding my vial of amethyst pebbles to my chest while I sleep, just to see if I still need to heal.

Sorry for the uber-long pillar of text, but without those details this post would have no purpose.

I know you guys care about me, and I really appreciate it, I am super grateful for the support I get from you guys.

"...without those details this post would have no purpose."

What is the purpose?

He wanted to write something long-winded so he did.

Is that not a purpose in and of itself?

You like Heather way too much, though. Got a crush? Either way don't ever let her drive again.

Hey l really like this. This person is a excellent storyteller. Have you considered writing?

"...without those details this post would have no purpose."

What is the purpose?

To let you guys know that there was always a chance I'd be at least some amount of vulnerable to....something...during that blackout. Ergo, if it was something else that triggered me that hard, like a turf war/firefight between gang members or something (god forbid because that part of town isn't even like that), and say, just for the sake of scenario, we didn't have a car and we took the bus and were walking to her house from the bus stop, that would mean I would have been pretty much %100 vulnerable to all that chaos.

You never know. It's entropy and all.

Or my body would have decided it wasn't strong enough to handle that much hyperventilating and I could have gone into cardiac arrest while I was in my little coma.

You. Never. Know.

That was quite the narrative. You should look into getting published!

Oh...I don't know...I kinda suck at writing...

If someone were to spend enough time on the Internet, one could find many ways to spend it. Among its many popular types of media are video games and web videos. The usual selection goes from cats to birds to game reviews to collections of internet trends and so called "vine" compilations.
However, it's not uncommon to find a few things that are, for lack of better words, out of place in the communities of the internet. One of these is a collection of videos and interactive medias known as "Paperface - The Man Made of Paper" or simply Paperface for short. The story is not very well-known and little is known about it; the most that people have found is that it's a modern-day Japanese-origin story that tells of a man made of paper, who steals food and leaves money in exchange for it. He hides in piles of garbage, leaves or anything that can easily obscure him from people's sight. There are multiple videos surrounding him, and a few interactive fiction pieces floating around.
Video 1 - "Hello, Paper Man"
The video begins with a basic introductory scene, using a very primitive form of title card, with some Japanese text that translates to simply "Good evening" and a grainy fade-in effect, which shows the front door of someone's house. The audio is muffled and the video quality looks as if the video was taken on an old camcorder. Sounds of people walking their pets, talking to them, birds tweeting, the occasional car rolling by and sometimes an airplane are heard for about a full minute, before footsteps start approaching. Stepping into view is a young adult male dressed in a typical salaryman's uniform, suitcase and all, who pulls out a key to open the door with. He opens it and steps inside, closing the door. For another minute nothing happens, until the video cuts to the inside of the house. More footsteps can be heard, and again, the same man steps into view, heading towards the living room, where an old laptop is seen sitting on the coffee table. He opens it, types a few things, supposedly logging in to something (the laptop's screen can not be seen from where the camera is pointing) and starts humming a song to himself as he goes about checking whatever it is he's doing on the little computer. He's sitting there, typing away, with a neutral expression, until suddenly he stops, squints at the screen, and changes his expression from one of neutrality to one of surprise. He shouts something in disbelief, in Japanese, grabs his head, and reels back with frustration at something. Subtitles in Japanese appear as he continues shouting, and they continue for a few seconds as he rants and raves; a ringtone is heard from the laptop, and he presses a button to respond to what seems to be a voice chat call. Answering the call, a woman starts talking, asking him something. As he speaks, the conversation begins. Here is a rough translation:
Man: "You aren't going to believe what happened. I just got an e-mail saying that there are going to be lay-offs. They're saying I might be one of them."
Woman: "What?! That's impossible, you've worked at Satoshi-Wan for fifteen years and never did anything wrong!"
Man: "That's what's got me worried. It's a 4.3 billion yen company, what could they possibly want to lay me off for?"
Woman: "I don't know."
(Without warning, the fridge in the kitchen is heard opening for a second and abruptly slamming. The man quickly turns around to see what happened; it doesn't look like anything was there.)
Man: "Did you hear that? Was someone just in our house?"
Woman: "Kazuma, something was there!"
Kazuma: "What was it?"
Woman: "I don't know! It was like a bluish-yellow figure and he just went to the fridge and left..."
Kazuma: "Hang on, I'm going to investigate."

Or do I? (This one is severely unfinished, but I needed some example.)

Hey l really like this. This person is a excellent storyteller. Have you considered writing?

...I didn't write this just to tell a story.
This actually happened to me. Four days ago.
I'm genuine in saying that I can vividly recall all those feelings and how powerless I felt. And each time I get too deep in the memory...I start panicking again a little. Just a little.

I've been traumatized.

Was going to say the same thing.
I'm being real when I say that this actually happened to me! I was physically there! I know what I saw and what I felt! It was fear! Pure FEAR! And it was fear on a level that I didn't know existed, a level I didn't even think was real at all! For God's sake I thought I was being freaking POSSESSED!

This isn't some kind of creepypasta, I am writing an actual life event that happened to me, that I can vividly recall as a real memory! I only wrote it to LOOK like a creepypasta, because the only way I could get someone, anyone at all, to understand what I felt and what thoughts I was having was to put those thoughts there for people to see!

I'll never get anyone to understand me in this world...!!!:disappointed:

I'm being real when I say that this actually happened to me! I was physically there! I know what I saw and what I felt! It was fear! Pure FEAR! And it was fear on a level that I didn't know existed, a level I didn't even think was real at all! For God's sake I thought I was being freaking POSSESSED!

This isn't some kind of creepypasta, I am writing an actual life event that happened to me, that I can vividly recall as a real memory! I only wrote it to LOOK like a creepypasta, because the only way I could get someone, anyone at all, to understand what I felt and what thoughts I was having was to put those thoughts there for people to see!

I'll never get anyone to understand me in this world...!!!:disappointed:

Sorry. It had to be a scary ride. The fact that you were so traumatized is hard for us to handle. We all can block emotions. And a lot of us are unable to write or verbalize our emotions especially after a extremely intense event. Alot of us just stay in lockdown mode for quite sometime. Glad you were unable to unload with such clarity.

I've known such intense fear during panic attacks, but, somehow I never fainted from one.
I know you can and I've been told if I did I would just wake up when my breathing leveled out
while in the faint.

The length of time I've endured such intense panic attacks must be a record.
They are supposed to last only 15 minutes during the most intense fear part then gradually
get better.
I used to get them for 3 hours where I couldn't move, think, see well, just frozen and constantly
hyperventilating. Sweating, I rubbed ice cubes on my face and the only thought was BREATH!!!
Thankfully I haven't had one that bad since 2009.

Makes me anxious to remember them that bad, but, I think I can empathize with what you are saying.

Ah the old adrenaline rush blackout. *grins* That happens to me too. It doesn't happen very often, but when it happens, I rapidly lose all awareness of what the hell happened during the event.

Most recently there was a fire at work (don't worry - everything's fine, no one was hurt, no long term damage to anything.) The only thing I remember is hearing people yell "fire!", looking up...seeing a wall of orange where there wasn't supposed to be one...taking a second to process what I was seeing (I actually remember this "failure to process" moment where I'm just standing there with a stupid look on my face).

I don't remember deciding to run. I remember being halfway down the aisle towards the door, screaming into my radio "Everyone out of the building, NOW!" Then I remember being at the door, not being able to locate the fire alarm pull, hearing the fire suppression go off, turning around, seeing the ball of smoke. Then I remember being on the loading dock with a crowd of people, saying "um...we should...go...outside..." like a confused moron, and going outside to meet all the other evacuees outside.

I don't actually have any recollection of most of the event. I don't remember running. I don't remember deciding to run. I only remember bits along the way.

The first time it happened was in the middle of a sparring match in Tae Kwon Do class as a teen. I don't remember what happened, but I remember being told I kicked ass...like seriously kicked ass. But when it was over, I wanted to cry, and didn't know why, I didn't remember anything. People thought I was hurt, thought I'd broken my arm because of the way I was sitting. My instructors kept coming over asking if I was OK. I was fine, but I didn't know why I wanted to cry and I didn't have a clue what had just happened. I still don't know what happened, my brain just broke.

It doesn't happen often, maybe 3 or 4 times in my entire life...but when it does, it's always a mind trip.

She was irresponsible driving so fast, that's a fact. It doesn't matter if she knew what she was doing, she endangered you and your body recognised it and went into shock. Don't let her drive again, there's always something unpredictable that can happen and with this kind of speed you can easily die. I would even go as far as saying that she had no foresight into the possible consequences of her driving.

Outside of that... You seem to like to write. Why not do it more? While your style is not exactly my cup of tea (very dramatic which isn't bad in itself, just not compatible with me), there are surely others that would enjoy it. Maybe even make a blog on the forum and publish things from time to time?

You ARE talented with words and expression.
As for Heather - I agree not to let her drive your car again. And when she seen you were beginning to panic she should have taken you into consideration. Was it a full blown panic attack or did it send you into a seizure? I understand that you trust Heather, but don't let her put you in that situation again.

My sister is a horrible driver. I've ridden with a lot of people that worry me, but my sister scares me to death. I have grabbed her phone away from her as she's driving 70 mph and trying to text on a 2 lane highway. I've tried to convince her that the 35 mph sign we're approaching means to slow down and that probably on the other side of the hill we'll be going down the side of a mountain and she's trying to convince me that they just put the sign there and it doesn't really mean anything. (I was the one who was right and she had to hit the brakes to slow down enough to make the curve so as not to go over the side of the cliff). And driving through traffic, as she's swaying in and out of stopped cars, but she continues at top speed and actually had me in tears and hysterical laughter. I will NEVER get in a car with her again. Even her kids say, "Yeah, that's how she's gonna go. She's going to kill herself in a car crash." It's just like common knowledge to them.

Cool story. I'm glad Heather didn't kill anyone and I hope she was caught on camera and gets a ticket or her license taken away for dangerous driving.

New Threads

Top Bottom