• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Survey respondents needed - App for looking up sensory information about social venues

olfrenchUX

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a good day.

I'm a student UX Designer, based in London, and am in the process of conducting research for an app that allows people to search for social or entertainment venues (such as restaurants and pubs) in their local area to find out information relating to sensory overstimulation.

The idea is that it will help autistic and neurodiverse people to find places to go that meet their access needs, and I'm looking for individuals who meet the following criteria to answer a short survey:

- Identify as autistic or neurodiverse
- Have experienced sensory overload / overstimulation in social venues in the past

Some more useful information about the survey:
  1. It's 10 questions long, and will likely take 5-10 minutes to answer.
  2. Feedback will be used to inform design concepts for the app.
  3. It's completely anonymous, but there's an optional request to leave a name and email address as I'll also be arranging video interviews with potential users down the line.
If you have any questions, send me a message here or get in touch with me via email at [email protected]

The link to the survey can be found here: App for looking up sensory information about social venues

Thank you,
Oscar

Hi Oscar :)
Unfortunately I wouldn't be useful for your study, since I love nightclubs and restaurants and don't find them overstimulating at all, kind of the opposite actually!

I hope you find participants for your study here though, and I wish you the best!

Not to worry at all! I'm glad to hear it. Have a great day :)
Hi Oscar :)
Unfortunately I wouldn't be useful for your study, since I love nightclubs and restaurants and don't find them overstimulating at all, kind of the opposite actually!

I hope you find participants for your study here though, and I wish you the best!

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a good day.

I'm a student UX Designer, based in London, and am in the process of conducting research for an app that allows people to search for social or entertainment venues (such as restaurants and pubs) in their local area to find out information relating to sensory overstimulation.

The idea is that it will help autistic and neurodiverse people to find places to go that meet their access needs, and I'm looking for individuals who meet the following criteria to answer a short survey:

- Identify as autistic or neurodiverse
- Have experienced sensory overload / overstimulation in social venues in the past

Some more useful information about the survey:
  1. It's 10 questions long, and will likely take 5-10 minutes to answer.
  2. Feedback will be used to inform design concepts for the app.
  3. It's completely anonymous, but there's an optional request to leave a name and email address as I'll also be arranging video interviews with potential users down the line.
If you have any questions, send me a message here or get in touch with me via email at [email protected]

The link to the survey can be found here: App for looking up sensory information about social venues

Thank you,
Oscar
I filled out the questionnaire. Data only in the middle of the bell is uninteresting and pretty much useless. I am the outlier that skews things in unexpected directions. As a wiseass, I enjoy doing it. An app such as this may be usful to others, but since I don't/can't go to social venues, it would be pretty much useless to me. I DO wish (desperately) to attend social activities, but suitable places are few and far between (I have yet to find any). Just so you can find my answers, I am the anthrophobe.

New Threads

Top Bottom