• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Supernumerary teeth (Hyperdontia)

Do you have any extra teeth??

• Yes, just one (Either on the spectrum or likely to be)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, more than one (Either on the spectrum or likely to be)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No (Either on the spectrum or likely to be)

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yes (Not on the spectrum)

• No (Not on the spectrum)

• Don't know (The dentist never said anything)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Kevin1968

V.I.P Member
A recent trip to the dentist reminded me that I have not one but two extra molars hiding at the back of my mouth. (you are only supposed to have 32 teeth, I have 34, or would have if I still had them all)

Reading about it reveals while having one extra isn't very unusual, having two or more is rare (one survey put it at 2 out of 10100!). Usually when more than one is present it is associated with various syndromes which I am fairly certain I don't have.

As it is likely to be genetic, and ASD is also often considered to be genetic I am wondering does anyone else here have any extra teeth?

Of course you may have them and not even know unless they gave trouble.

I have one less. I still have a baby tooth that never had the adult tooth come in.
My mom has her baby tooth too in the same place!

Option 3 for me, I've had issues with my teeth though but think if anything I have less teeth and not more.

Mrrhrahhhh marhwraaa! Hrarrwahh, marwraharr.

wolfman.jpg

;) No extra, but multiple dentists have said I have unusually long roots like dogs. Some had to special order larger tools.

Last edited:
I answered the survey “no,” but now I remember that when I was diagnosed with a rare ovarian cancer in the 1990s, that after the hysterectomy, they told me they found “hair and teeth” within my removed ovaries. They said it’s not too weird to find stuff like that in ovaries, but I still freak when thinking about that.

New Threads

Top Bottom