• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Supernatural / Religion as Special Interests

Antonio

Does anyone else have these as special interests?
I find it just makes it harder to fit in, since religion can be a divisive topic and so isn't really good to bring up in a lot of contexts. Supernatural is a bit easier, talking about ghost stories, etc.

Does anyone else have these as special interests?
I find it just makes it harder to fit in, since religion can be a divisive topic and so isn't really good to bring up in a lot of contexts. Supernatural is a bit easier, talking about ghost stories, etc.

Just bear in mind there's equally an enormous divide between skeptics, believers and those of us who have had experiences we cannot logically or empirically explain. Quite often I can be all three of them. Much like my AS, it's complicated.

It really depends on who you're trying to fit in with.
For me, my special interests, including religion, are not social things. I don't talk about them with most people. So it's not important to me whether they make it easy or hard to fit in.
However, I am part of a group that does Catholic religious reading Luisa Piccarreta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and I go to Church which is somewhat social since there are other people there, but I kind of avoid interacting with them.

Last edited:
Yes, I certainly do. There are many things that happen every day that science cannot explain fully. For example, how the planets and the galaxies keep their courses in the universe, without flying apart from each other or collapsing inward toward each other. The margin of error in the balance between centrifugal force and gravity is very small. It does not take much of a shift to completely upset this balance and cause chaos. And I do believe that the supernatural is alive and active today, perhaps more so as the population of the world continues to increase and as economic and political upheavals occur today.

Yes, I certainly do. There are many things that happen every day that science cannot explain fully. For example, how the planets and the galaxies keep their courses in the universe, without flying apart from each other or collapsing inward toward each other. The margin of error in the balance between centrifugal force and gravity is very small. It does not take much of a shift to completely upset this balance and cause chaos. And I do believe that the supernatural is alive and active today, perhaps more so as the population of the world continues to increase and as economic and political upheavals occur today.

How do you think the supernatural interact with the physical world? Do they violate laws of physics or perhaps are there loopholes at the quantum level that allow them to interact within the laws of physics?

Hi Antonio!

I happen to be very interested in Christianity at the moment. Aside from politics, it might be the most difficult subject to talk about. I mostly keep to myself about it, and heavily discuss it with a few religious friends. I've also talked about it with other friends, and usually they are very interested in knowing my take on controversial subjects, because most of them are gay men. ;)

Not all of our special interests have to be socially-approved topics of conversation. If we'd model ourselves after this criterium, all we'd ever talk about was the weather, GTA 5, Breaking Bad and Miley Cyrus! How often does someone tell you something you're not 100% familiar or comfortable with?

And about the interaction: dipping my toes I into religion made me let go of the need to explain everything rationally. I feel that the supernatural doesn't so much violate laws of physics, it just interacts with them. Maybe we just haven't figured out how exactly it is that those laws work, yet.

How do you feel about that?

Hi Antonio -

Great question. I have seen a few examples of where a person seems to levitate off the ground, with no explanation. Clearly, this is a violation of physical law. If it is not a clever magician's trick, where does the power come from to cause such levitation?
Other questions I have are: How are evil men, such as Adolf Hitler, Jim Jones, Charles Manson and many others able to draw so many followers after them, even after their wicked course has been clearly revealed to their followers? I consider this to be deception by degrees. Such evil personages appear to have an aura of goodness to start, but after a time they reel in their victims until they have no power to resist their cunning influence, until they are led to the slaughter. Clearly, the supernatural has considerable influence on individuals, and these individuals can influence society for good or for evil.
Overall, I think that the supernatural can either violate the laws of physics or work within them to intensify the effects of these laws, often to devastating effects. Lives are lost in earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and great fires. Conversely, supernatural power is exercised to keep powerful forces in the universe in check, such as the balance between gravity and centrifugal force to keep planetary systems and galaxies in balance. There is too much at stake to leave to blind chance.

I certainly am interested in religions, ethics and the like. So much that I studied theology.
Hi Xavier -

I have a deep interest in the supernatural and religion in general, and how it relates to the physical world, human history and the future history of mankind.

It is indeed a facinating topic. If you are a believer of any kind, you already started to experience that link between the supernatural and the natural. Feel free to ask me questions about it. I'll try my best to answer them.

Einstein said that time is an illusion and that the past, present and future are all happening at the same time. I just wonder (for the ones who believe in ghosts) if maybe ghosts could be the past mixing with the present.
And I read that when one has déjà vu it means that you're actually on the right path to your future. I'd like to know if anyone else has any ideas about what deja vu could be.

Einstein said that time is an illusion and that the past, present and future are all happening at the same time. I just wonder (for the ones who believe in ghosts) if maybe ghosts could be the past mixing with the present.

Makes me wonder about residual and intelligent hauntings involving EVPs (electronic voice phenomena) recorded in paranormal investigations. The kind that pick up sounds indicative of much earlier times...such as calliope music and the rustling of poker chips in the Birdcage Theater in Tombstone, Arizona. Or hearing high heel shoes pacing on a hard wood floor in a board room above a hotel room that has only plush pile carpeting. (Cal Neva Resort-Crystal Bay)

Overlapping planes of existence in real time?

Last edited:
Makes me wonder about residual and intelligent hauntings involving EVPs (electronic voice phenomena) recorded in paranormal investigations. The kind that pick up sounds indicative of much earlier times...such as calliope music and the rustling of poker chips in the Birdcage Theater in Tombstone, Arizona.

Overlapping planes of existence in real time?
Judge,
Have you been to the Birdcage Theater? I have ALWAYS wanted to go there. I've been in love with Doc Holliday since my early teens (I even have an authentic picture of him on my dresser) and have read as many biographies as I could get my hands on. I just love historic towns . Call me crazy, but I wanted to stay in the Lizzy Borden Bed and Breakfast too! Ebay was bidding out the rooms for every Halloween eve. I just couldn't find anyone to go with me. I tried to get my brother to go with me up to Iowa and see the Vallisca axe murder house - it's supposed to be very haunted. He chickened out. Maybe I should be a ghost hunter with Zak Bagans. Hmm.

Judge,
Have you been to the Birdcage Theater? I have ALWAYS wanted to go there. I've been in love with Doc Holliday since my early teens (I even have an authentic picture of him on my dresser) and have read as many biographies as I could get my hands on. I just love historic towns . Call me crazy, but I wanted to stay in the Lizzy Borden Bed and Breakfast too! Ebay was bidding out the rooms for every Halloween eve. I just couldn't find anyone to go with me. I tried to get my brother to go with me up to Iowa and see the Vallisca axe murder house - it's supposed to be very haunted. He chickened out. Maybe I should be a ghost hunter with Zak Bagans. Hmm.

No, I haven't. It's one of those places my cousin and I want to investigate. But we have been to the Cal Neva Resort twice...and have had some profound experiences. One of these days I'd like to stay a night in room 11 at the Silver Queen Hotel in Virginia City. Where a prostitute committed suicide. Could be interesting to do an all-nighter.

No, I haven't. It's one of those places my cousin and I want to investigate. But we have been to the Cal Neva Resort twice...and have had some profound experiences. One of these days I'd like to stay a night in room 11 at the Silver Queen Hotel in Virginia City. Where a prostitute committed suicide. Could be interesting to do an all-nighter.
Yeah, I'd much rather go down to Arizona and spend a night with Doc in the Birdcage. The prostitute just doesn't do it for me. ;)

It is indeed a facinating topic. If you are a believer of any kind, you already started to experience that link between the supernatural and the natural. Feel free to ask me questions about it. I'll try my best to answer them.

Hi Xavier - I hope you are having a great day. Do you believe that the supernatural has played a role in the events of human history?

Regarding the existence of ghosts, I do believe they exist, and that EVP energies do come from these entities. They do seem to present a form of past existence interacting with the present.

Ground Zero for the paranormal of Nevada: The Goldfield Hotel

goldfield_hotel_zpsd09448f6.jpg

Ground Zero for the paranormal of Virginia City Nevada: The Old Washoe Club

washoe_club_zps86d54f8b.jpg

Hi Xavier - I hope you are having a great day. Do you believe that the supernatural has played a role in the events of human history?

Regarding the existence of ghosts, I do believe they exist, and that EVP energies do come from these entities. They do seem to present a form of past existence interacting with the present.

I am having a wonderful day thank you. How about you? Being a Christian, I can only believe that the supernatural has something to do with the way humans are, think, act, etc. I am not 100% sure of what your question means however.

New Threads

Top Bottom