• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SuperMarioLogan is an Ableist YouTube Channel!

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
SuperMarioLogan, or SML for short, is a YouTuber who basically makes skits with his videogame character dolls. However, there is something wrong with it.

The massive stereotype that is Jeffy will lead autistic children and autistic people to be bullied, since their neurotypical (non-autistic) peers who watch SML will think that this is how all autistic people are like. Jeffy is a negative stereotype and is very blatantly there just to give the (sewer) channel something extremely offensive instead of SML improving his humor.

Here are the stereotypes against autistic people that were most likely used during the creation of Jeffy:
Loud and annoying.
Gross.
Mentally ill.
Mentally re***ded.
Immature/Younger mental age than expected.
Has an annoying, high-pitched voice with an unusual/unidentifiable accent.
Inappropriately touches self all the time.
Can't use bathroom by self and has to wear a diaper.
Always gets in peoples' faces.
Always inappropriate.
Has an intellectual disability.
Can't feel empathy/remorse.
Always has violent tendencies.
Throws tantrums constantly.
Touches others inappropriately.
Hurts himself in some sort of way every 2 minutes.
Can never take care of self.
Has destroyed Mario and Rosalina's relationship at least 3 different times.

SuperMarioLogan obviously has his content aimed towards children, and he is putting false ideals into the minds of those children. It is not okay, and he should be banned for it. That is why I want to raid the comments sections of his videos and community posts. How Mario (who is supposed to be a father figure to Jeffy), is also very abusive towards Jeffy and is constantly treating Jeffy poorly. Therefore, neurotypical children growing up today watching SuperMarioLogan will not only ending up abusing their autistic peers, but maybe even their own autistic autistic children. What Logan thinks is funny to put in his video is actually most likely going to have a negative impact on autistic people, who are a minority group. Only 19.3% of people in the US have autism, and only 1% of people in the world have autism. See how harsh of an impact this could make now? This type of content will lead to disastrous results and is actually part of the reason why YouTube introduced demonetization in the first place and are now deleting the YouTube Kids app.

I want to raid SML and bring the amount of views, likes, and subscribers down into the sewer, and him with those stats. He isn't worthy of being on YouTube and getting successful off of YouTube. His channel is a pile of defecation that needs to be flushed due to the ableist language found in his videos. SMH. Why does this person have to have a gigantic autism stereotype of a character and get praise for it? He is obviously not including this character to educate others or spread positivity about autism, he is only spreading lies and hate that will be aimed against people on the Autism Spectrum like myself in the future if we don't strip him of all success on YouTube.

"Has destroyed Mario and Rosalina's relationship at least 3 different times."

I think two of those times must have been more like 'damaged' rather then destroyed. I guess we will have to wait and see on the last one.

Can I just check Joshua, having taken a quick look at the channel, do they ever state that Jeffy is autistic (that you've seen), or is it just that the character is imbued with a number of negative stereotypes associated with autism? There's no doubt from my initial cursory glance that it's disrespectful of people with ID in any case.
If is the former and you can provide the evidence you might be able to mobilise a lot of people to challenge what they're doing.

Can I just check Joshua, having taken a quick look at the channel, do they ever state that Jeffy is autistic (that you've seen), or is it just that the character is imbued with a number of negative stereotypes associated with autism? There's no doubt from my initial cursory glance that it's disrespectful of people with ID in any case.
If is the former and you can provide the evidence you might be able to mobilise a lot of people to challenge what they're doing.
It has been confirmed in one of the most recent episodes.

Why did you quote Pats' message?

That;s what I like to call "a mistake" ;)
My wife just came in the room as I was doing the post and distracted me for a second.

Anyway Joshua - would you kindly post a link to the video that makes the positive link to autism in Jeffy's character?

It would seem this sort of programming in itself is controversial in terms of children who do or should even be watching it versus the feedback of parents.

Apart from just this one show alone it brings up the controversy and question of an entire genre of online programming. That other forms of entertainment may be adopting similar tactics of 24/7 cable news. Not to enlighten kids, but to simply rattle them with material on a cusp of unsuitability just for laughs. o_O

Schadenfreude has certainly existed in media, but usually and deliberately understated. Is it simply coming "out of a closet" of its own? :eek:

Parent reviews for SuperMarioLogan | Common Sense Media

Parents Guide - IMDb

What's the deal with SML / Jeffy? : Advice

What Kids Are Really Watching on YouTube

https://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2...-to-stop-letting-kids-watch-jeffy-the-rapper/

Last edited:
I don't think Jeffy is autistic because I've never seen it mentioned that he is, although he's every negative stereotype of intellectually disable people in general. However, there are implications that he really is more functional than he lets on, and is being annoying to Mario on purpose.

The show also has a racially stereotyped Black Yoshi and an evil British stereotype of Sonic the Hedgehog, but no one seems to have a problem with that.

Most humor is based on some form of political incorrectness or characters who are seemingly inferior to viewers in some way. There's a theory that the reason we laugh at any character is because we feel superior to them.

That theory makes a lot of sense to me. We laugh or feel amusement at characters who unbelievably dumb, socially inept, a bully who always ends up being worse off than their victims from karma or authority, or live in a less than favorable situation (low household income, annoying and/or abusive family members, being stuck at a job they don't like).

But thanks to political correctness everyone is on eggshells and can rarely say anything even remotely funny any more. Being "right" is more important than being happy.

Some comments in this thread remind me of a dynamic used in entertainment which deliberately reflects non-commitment in explaining whether or not a fictional character is actually autistic or not.

Effectively leaving the door to make sport of them in ways that may be entertaining to a non-autistic audience. That 98% audience share that is so dear to most any producer and writer.

-"Is he/she or isn't she/he?" Clever- and potentially cruel as well IMO.

It's a trap if I've ever seen one. The channel description claims adult humor, yet all the brightly colored cartoon puppets bring all the kiddos running to the yard. This being Youtube, the biggest media sharing site out there, you can expect all manners of political incorrectness, conspiracy lunatics and other questionable content. Not that that sums up Youtube as a whole, but still...

Unfortunately, at over 3 billion views (and no doubt they're turning over a profit from this) they're unlikely to hear any cries of foul play from a relatively small minority, let alone do much about it. The most you can probably do at this point is to simply steer clear and not let it get the best of you.

Last edited:
That;s what I like to call "a mistake" ;)
Anyway Joshua - would you kindly post a link to the video that makes the positive link to autism in Jeffy's character?
I heard it from the (unofficial) SML Fandom Wikia page while just looking through the forums there, forgot what the name of the video is, since I forgot to bookmark the thread where it was mentioned, so I'll have to check and look. However, I am a bit busy RN with school stuff, and I will most likely remain that way tomorrow and Friday, too. I also have youth group this evening. Should be up as soon as I can, though.

I don't know about this guy or his channel, but I do know that people can edit out what kind of comments are visible on their YouTube videos. Therefore the crusade you are on would not be effective. All they'd have to do is filter the comments out.

Is this popular? Do children watch Youtube? Did you say 19% of people in the US have Autism or did I read that wrong? :eek:

Fred Rogers did it better anyways. Sadly, neither him or his show are around any longer.

(I have no idea how to post a video with a starting time, so just skip to 12:30 in that video)

I don't know about this guy or his channel, but I do know that people can edit out what kind of comments are visible on their YouTube videos. Therefore the crusade you are on would not be effective. All they'd have to do is filter the comments out.
Not only just individual, standalone comments. Replies sections for other comments aren't safe, either. Filtering a raid is a bit tricky when every comment also has the same, copied message as a reply to it. And, yes. I am going to try to do it with even the comments that aren't top posts. It takes more time to delete those out than just standalone comments.

New Threads

Top Bottom