• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Super Mario 3D All Stars

damoisellepeachy

Music is life
Anyone who has a Switch and this game, what do you think of it so far?

I only played through Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine so far. I think 64 is pretty good but I find Sunshine’s controls kinda hard. But I think after I play more of Sunshine I’ll eventually understand the controls

I never played Sunshine or Galaxy as a kid so when Nintendo announced this collection I was so excited because now I have the opportunity to play them :D though funnily enough I played Galaxy 2 as a kid

You just made me feel so old by saying you never played Galaxy as a kid. :eek: But I played all three when they came out so I'm not playing them on the switch. They were some of my favorite games though!

I have the game from Gamefly and also ordered it online and waiting for it to come in the mail. I have played Mario Sunshine and galaxy, not the 64 one yet. I have played all three on the original consoles and I played Mario 64 DS.

Mario 64 was the first 3D game I ever played in my life. I used to play it at Blockbuster and in stores.

Mario 64 was the first ever Mario game I played and I also played the DS version before too. I played 64 on the original console before but not the other 2 on their consoles.

You just made me feel so old by saying you never played Galaxy as a kid. :eek: But I played all three when they came out so I'm not playing them on the switch. They were some of my favorite games though!

A good idea.

I'll put it this way: Nintendo went the super-cheap, low effort route on this one. All 3 are just basic roms running on inaccurate emulators. They did nothing else. All the sorts of features and extras you expect in game collections? Missing. You cant even remap controls. Apparently the camera controls for one of the games got outright inverted, because.... because.... okay seriously, HOW do you screw that one up? I've never even once heard of that happening with this sort of thing! Or there's Mario 64.... the speedrunning community wont accept runs made in this version because Nintendo busted a bunch of stuff in the process.

There's way more to it than that, too. I'll put it this way: Even Activision got it right, yet Nintendo couldnt.

They're selling this at $60. It's worth MAYBE $15. Maybe. Frankly I'd put it more at 10.

Not the first time they went this route with poor Mario, too. If you want to see the single dumbest and laziest release Nintendo has ever put out, look up Mario All Stars on the Wii. Know what it was? ONE rom. Just one. All Stars from the SNES. That's literally it. They just jammed that rom and some emulator on there, threw in like a small art book maybe, and sold it at full price at retail. I remember this vividly, I was working at Toys R Us at the time. I kept cautioning potential buyers (usually parents) away from it, knowing full well what it actually was.

Dont get me wrong: The individual games are still great. It's Mario, after all. And it is at least a way to play them, I guess. That doesnt excuse the really nasty cash grab going on here though.

Oh, and one last fun feature: This pile of emulation is a limited time release. I'm not going to go into why. Just... ugh.

I like Nintendo most of the time but every now and then they get all snotty and do something like this.

Still, it could be worse. When EA pulls cash-grab nonsense like this, they do it with really AWFUL games. At least when Nintendo does it, the old games are still as good as they ever were, aside from the occaisional weird bent bits. And they wont try to suck your finances out of your nose.

Yes this was a cash gimmick thing Nintendo did. Disney does this all the time so that is why all their films always had limited releases and why some were never released on video until years later. It was always a cash grab. More people will buy knowing it's limited time so hence more money.

I never noticed the awful stuff on 3D All Stars. I played both games on it so far and only thing I don't like is in Galaxy you have to switch from TV screen to tablet when selecting files and when using those blue stars to grip onto Mario.

Yea I dislike the limited time release too. I sorta agree with the price thing too because in Canada it’s like $79.99 so it is quite high but unfortunately most Mario games in Canada just cost $79.99

I only played through the tutorial of Galaxy but I don’t like having to use the touch screen for the star bit things so I’d rather play it on my tv screen

Also before 3D All Stars was announced I almost thought about getting a Gamecube and getting Sunshine off of like amazon or something as a purchase for myself but then 3D All Stars came out. But I’d still consider getting a Gamecube because I always wanted to have one

Yea I dislike the limited time release too. I sorta agree with the price thing too because in Canada it’s like $79.99 so it is quite high but unfortunately most Mario games in Canada just cost $79.99

I only played through the tutorial of Galaxy but I don’t like having to use the touch screen for the star bit things so I’d rather play it on my tv screen

Also before 3D All Stars was announced I almost thought about getting a Gamecube and getting Sunshine off of like amazon or something as a purchase for myself but then 3D All Stars came out. But I’d still consider getting a Gamecube because I always wanted to have one

Sad thing was, the Gamecube as a whole just wasnt all that good of a console, really. While it had some darned good games... it just didnt have very many of them. If you didnt like Nintendo's first party stuff specifically there wasnt really much reason to get it. And even then, Nintendo's own dirt-slow release frequency didnt help. I knew alot of people who had one, but it just collected dust most of the time.

I had one myself, but it's entire function was to play Phantasy Star Online, and that's about it. Yeah I had games like Luigi's Mansion and whatnot, and Animal Crossing, but PSO was what got me to actually keep the thing instead of selling it off (I did sell it eventually though). For whatever reason though, alot of third party developers tended to just avoid the thing, putting most games on the PS2 or Xbox instead.

Didnt help that Nintendo had this bizarre stance when it comes to online stuff. I remember a particular quote from someone high-up in the company: "customers do not want online games". This was when Xbox Live was absolutely EXPLODING, and the PC market was also seeing a very heavy focus on games with online functionality. Nintendo has always been like that though... very, very slow to catch up. Even these days, as I always say, they still just dont "get" the internet. Nobody gets a Switch to play games online, as that's an exercise in futility and frustration. PSO was honestly the one and only positive experience I've ever had with Nintendo and online functions. But then... they didnt do that themselves.

But, that's a rant for another day though, I think.

Too many memories with these old consoles.

Ah okay. Maybe I’ll look at something else for my first purchase. And I noticed that before too that Nintendo does seem slow at catching up

I notice on reddit, people keep selling their used copies of this game on average cost $45 plus shipping or with because they don't find it worth keeping. I did try to buy one there but they are on high demand, other other person gets it first and there was a time I was the first to respond but it went to the other person instead who responded after me.

Then on ebay I got it for 43$ with shipping using a $10 ebay giftcard I got from Up Voice. Original price was at $48 the seller offered when I had it on my watch list and I accepted it.

I notice on reddit, people keep selling their used copies of this game on average cost $45 plus shipping or with because they don't find it worth keeping. I did try to buy one there but they are on high demand, other other person gets it first and there was a time I was the first to respond but it went to the other person instead who responded after me.

Then on ebay I got it for 43$ with shipping using a $10 ebay giftcard I got from Up Voice. Original price was at $48 the seller offered when I had it on my watch list and I accepted it.

I thought about buying a used copy but I just preordered it digitally instead. But now I regret that because stores still have physical copies of 3D All Stars .-.

New Threads

Top Bottom