• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Suicidal Thoughts

EricE

I'm having a rough day because I'm tired of trying to please everyone and always screwing up. I'm about ready to just give up.I don't know if it's just my aspergers or not. I've always been a kind soul that tries to please everyone. I just don't know what to do . Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Depression...just go to sleep and it’ll pass, or get your mind focused on something positive, because talking about it will only make it worse. If it doesn’t get any better call your doctor.

Eric you must reach out to someone near you like your GP as well as getting support from here.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

When you are feeling down everything looks black but we are here to help you with your relationships.

Think that when we attempt to please everyone around us, it's often so that people will like us. It might be one of the masks we wear in neurotypical land. And/or it's something that we learned or were trained to do in childhood.

Looking for outside validation from others, puts a lot of stress on you. It also depletes the time you have for yourself to recover from daily life, causing depression. I used to be like that as well. There are some things you have to practice doing, even if it makes you nervous.

Realize that you have the ability to make a choice. And give yourself time to think about it. An hour, a day a week.

Don't agree to anything without saying "I'll have to think about it." If someone pressures you, then automatically say no.

Practice saying no to people who usually expect you to say yes. You can change your mind if you decide to later.

Agree then use a time constraint: I can only do this between this time and this time, on this day.

Never apologize to someone or give excuses for saying no. You have power here, it's time to use it.

Last edited:
Please consider those who do care about you, and by all means, if you are overwhelmed, please seek help.

Hang in there,I have had those thoughts in the past too,they will pass and know things will get better even if you may not feel like it will at the moment.

Think that when we attempt to please everyone around us, it's often so that people will like us. Think it might be one of the masks we wear in neurotypical land. Or it's something that we've learned to do in childhood.

Looking for outside validation from others, puts a lot of stress on you. It also depletes the time you have for yourself to recover from daily life, causing depression. I used to be like that as well. There are some things you have to practice doing, even if it feels bad at first.

Realize that you have the ability to make a choice. And give yourself time to think about it. An hour, a day a week.

Don't agree to anything without saying "I'll have to think about it." If someone pressures you, than automatically say no.

Practice saying no to people who usually expect you to say yes. You can change your mind if you decide to later.

Agree then use a time constraint: I can only do this between this time and this time, on this day.

Never apologize to someone or give excuses for saying no.

This 100 times over. If you always try to please everyone you will always be disappointed and you will exhaust yourself

I have had self harm episodes before I truly and passionately my life and my conditions I feel like most of these people giving you "advice" have never been In a situation this hopeless.

New Threads

Top Bottom