• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sugar!!

clackedions

I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music?! just anger!

System of a down references aside, Is it an aspie trait to sit in you're room all day everyday almost mindlessly poking around on sites like this, facebook or youtube when you have much more important things to be getting on with?

Definitely. I'm not as bad as I used to be, now I try hard to get out at least once on the weekends, but it's still a relief to come back home after a day.
EMZ=P

Does it make you slightly anxious doing so? Right now I feel mentally closed off to everything I should be doing..

Does it make you slightly anxious doing so? Right now I feel mentally closed off to everything I should be doing..
It used to but I don't really care about my education anymore then again my education isn't really that significant.
EMZ=]

I used to have that kind of depression. Sometimes it got so bad that it feeling bad and pain felt actually good in a sick way. But now, as you might have noticed, I`m different now. I have`t have any depression for very long time. Trust me, if I can get over my depression then you can get over yours. You just need to want it and believe in it and decide that "I change NOW!".

Also, reading Rhonda Byrne`s book "The Secret" helped me as well and is still helping. Read the book or at least watch the movie "The Secret". I think you can watch it on YouTube.

I came in here expecting sugar... I'm disappointed. *insert "disappointed" emoticon, I am not sure which one works best from the list*

Kidding aside, I do spend the better part of my days online- I wouldn't call it "mindless" though, I always do so purposefully. But lately, I have tried to be more social by going out more often, even if it isn't for very long. I do spend quite a bit of time outside, where I live is out in the country and quite peaceful. I am also job hunting right now(for about the fourth time in the last year) too, which would expose me to people if it works out. Not saying I am totally comfortable with that, but I need it.

I do that too... and it's pretty easy to do it when I've got my own laptop. :p I even have a certain site-checking routine I do when I first get on the Internet, and a certain food I like to eat while doing it. After I've done it I mostly just poke around the Internet.

I didn't meant to be nasty.
But if the root cause is that you're scared to go outside to avoide "social anxiety" (sorry, I'm just sick of this phrase being thrown about by everyone), then yes, obviously that's an Aspie trait.

New Threads

Top Bottom