1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Suffering from another depression attack

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Markness, May 5, 2021.

1. Markness

Markness Young God

I’ve been suffering from another depression attack. I feel anhedonia in regards to things I normally find enjoyment in. I have stacks of books I’ve either bought or rented from the library I have yet to read and I don’t even touch any of my video game consoles. I barely listen to music anymore and don’t even try playing my guitar.

I struggle to just get up, take a shower, dress myself, and eat breakfast. I tend to just lie in bed or on the loft couch for hours until my head feels bad, especially from the lack of nutrients and fresh air. Even if I take a walk, I still feel low in my mood and it’s like my surroundings don’t exist. Am I losing touch with reality?

I also still have racing thoughts even when my friend and I train in martial arts. It’s supposed to help one take their mind off things but my mind resists that. I’ll meditate and try to clear my mind but something keeps me from letting go. I sometimes worry something is wrong with my brain physiologically and will require neurosurgery to fix which scares me.

I want to write more stories and I am suffering from writer’s block. I wish it was easier to channel creative energy.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  2. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

Do you have a therapist to talk to? I was at that low point once in my life about 20 years back. I did take antidepressants for about a half year then l swung out of it. All the time l was holding jobs too.

It's good you are aware of this. l don't think one way or another about meds. l just know that sometimes that helps the chemical inbalance in our bodies. Sunshine is great at helping me me stay cheery.

Do you get sun on a regular basis?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Skittlebisquit

Skittlebisquit "..experience moments of happiness."

Big love for you markness. Happy thoughts for you to ponder. Rem it comes in waves, it will pass. Imo there is a 48 hour delay in diet affecting mood, learn some nutrition plz. There is an actual nurse who posts here, i can help too, with meal planning and grocery lists, not hard to do totally ok to talk about it alot, what you buy 20210505_100303.jpg , when you eat , dishes etc. Everyone really likes you here, so they all want you to be well.

Calorie deficit is????? For me its under
    2850, 3200?? Somewhere in there. Below a certain point it starts a get fat hybernate cycle. The energy it takes to digest a too large meal, makes you sleepy no?
    What i like to eat to feel better. Trail mix, bulk nuts, cereal with juice instead of milk, army porridge(super ez) choc milk, and always some fast frzn stuff around think of it like tinder for a fire.....
    3 litres of water every freakin day
    Seriously?
    Yes.
    Get up and pace the floor, wear supportive shoes, it matters.

If you are underfed and dehydrated your brain goes primal. Like 40 percent of the energy you use is in your brain? Crazy right? So if your diet is way low or stupid stuff too, then you cant think straight. It seriously takes a few days to get caught up.....
    No worries on old interests getting blah, its not important. All will be well, how about a snack?
    Army porrige aka dr friendlys kick axx bfast is super ez. One pan 8inch needs lid. Some kinda meat(optional) cook that then add veggies, add water cook like soup.(boil) add oats last turn down to low, add 2 shots apple juice, cover wait ten

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

This sounds very challenging, sorry you are going through this. Don't put pressure on yourself to write, you can write when you feel better. Hope you can get out for some walks or strolls, and have an appointment with your therapist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Sabrina

Sabrina Gentle & brave earthling

I'm not in my best emotional place either. But in order to not fall into desperation, I imagine that my life is a video game and that if I can survive another day, I am winning. Just that. If I am alive at the end of the day, it means that I had accomplished my mission.

Oh well, and maybe you can force yourself to read just one sentence per day, then another day two sentences, then a paragraph, and so on.

There was a time in my life that I was so depressed that I just couldn't process what was written in almost any book or document for months, and I got myself out of it doing that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

Great idea, gaming thru life. If you get thru your day, you get life points. This week l think l died - or my tamaguchi powered out. I need a new one.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. _eri_bellehumeur

_eri_bellehumeur Active Member

Sorry you are feeling this way. I have been feeling pretty down myself lately. This may not be of help to you, but for me I've been noticing that a cluttered environment is the biggest detriment to my ability to focus. My value of self is very attached to the things I produce (which is maybe not a great thing but it's the truth nonetheless), like art and writing and other skills so when I don't have the focus or motivation to do those things I feel crappy about myself a lot. I have been weeding through my things, finding the things that are just taking up space and removing them from my home/life. This way, my energy isn't being diverted to a bunch of things that are just passively existing in my physical/mental/emotional space without actually adding to my life through actively entertaining, teaching or serving me.

I get writers block often- what helps me is reading or watching youtube videos on mythology and archetypes. It always sparks some kind of interest, and a creative idea is never far behind inspiration. Hope things pick up soon! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

If you have any interest in using drugs to solve your problem, I could refer you to a number of powerful, legal drugs you can buy online. But if you tend to become addicted to things then perhaps not. With self-control, I consider them powerful aids.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GadAbout

GadAbout Well-Known Member

These are some nice ideas that people have suggested above. Be sure to let your therapist know you are struggling. Also remember that we have a mental health crisis right now, due to pandemic, loss of usual sources of enjoyment such as going out and friends, economic insecurity, terrible things in the news every day, social justice crises (Black Lives Matter stuff), and increasing crime rate. The unkindest thing anybody with depression can do, is feel like it's their own fault they feel that way!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1