• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Style of links in posts

It looks like the link formatting overrides the text formatting. You can set the text formatting all you want, but as soon as you specify that it's a link, the system forces link formatting.

My guess is that the only solutions would be to either:
1) Change some setting inside the software used to run this forum
or
2) Change some setting inside the browser you use to view the website.

just to validate my understanding you're referring to when there are links in text. I think this is a very valid point. For example linking to Google

Sorry, my post crossed with yours. Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to. And underlining such links is one of the most common ways to meet the WCAG standards, so... yay! Thanks for sorting that out.

Hey all, I was at work so I couldn't partake. For the style of links @tree was using, you just copy a link directly and the text box will do the rest. Right here I just copied the address bar at the top of the page and pasted it.

I did not use any "hacks" for my bolded links, neither in the browser nor computer since I'm pretty tech illiterate. The important part is to first make a piece of text a link by overlining it, pressing on the "chains linked" picture at the top of the address bar and then pasting the link you want to share. After that, you can change the color and boldness of the link text. This works for me both on my PC (firefox) and phone (Google Chrome).

Wikipedia link

1679335604698.png

1679335646483.png

1679335792388.png

1679335852666.png

1679335892121.png

P.S. Thank you for the quick reaction @Satal! I'm wondering, could you make it possible to remove the underline from links if you want to? I find them kind of ugly, but it doesn't seem to be possible to remove the underline when I click on the underline option under the three dots.

Last edited:
I'm wondering, could you make it possible to remove the underline from links if you want to? I find them kind of ugly

I was wondering if someone was going to say that. I feel like I just moved in to a house share and then redecorated. I agree the underlined links don't look as neat, but they are more accessible.

I did not use any "hacks" for my bolded links, neither in the browser nor computer since I'm pretty tech illiterate.

The way I see it, we both implemented what amounts to "a hack" to make that work. -A non-technological solution. Nothing malevolent- or complex implied. Yet neither does it imply "kludge", either. ;)

"The term hack, which entered general usage with a new, nontechnological sense of “solution” or “work-around,” as in the phrase “life hack,” in the previous decade has undergone an impressive divergence in meanings since it entered the English lexicon hundreds of years ago."

Underlined or greyed...I'm ok with either.

Last edited:
consider just making them 'hyperlink blue'.
For me that would be a good solution, but for the accessibility standards the links need to accommodate people who cannot distinguish colors easily, and therefore the links need a non-color indicator as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom