• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oda a la Tormenta

Been quiet for the past week or so because my depression and anxiety, has been bad. I am new to therapy so all of everything we are working on is just coming to the surface as well as everything I deal with daily and it's beyond my words to say how hard it is to process everything. I get through what is required of me the best I can and then a lot of time is spent alone in my room or my bed. Away trying to process everything. But I cannot. It's like everything is on loop and I can't stop it. It's like I am stuck.
And people, however well intention, don't make it better. Also I feel like my family is trying their best to cope with me and their understanding but I know it can't be easy.
I apologize for the vent. I just wanted to check in and say I'm here. And I find this place helpful and safe. Thank you for listening. ❤️

No need to apologise for venting, that's what this site is here for :)
I'm sorry to hear you've been going through so much, I'm glad you find this place helpful and safe, I completely agree. I hope you can continue to find lots of support here and that you start feeling better soon.

Try grounding yourself with something that you know and love, remind yourself that you are you and all of this shall pass and you'll be stronger from the experience.

Vent to your hearts content! I've heard it's good for the soul, or something like that. I say treat your self, by eating a whole family-sized block of chocolate.... or perhaps I'm giving you that advice so I don't feel so guilty about devouring mine... Oh well, hope you feel better soon! :p

Glad to see you are here again.
Stay strong and just go with it. Not easy.
Spending time alone and resting may be what you need for processing. I believe my body tells me what I should be doing that is helpful if I just listen to the feelings.
I always try to find something to focus on that brings good emotions everyday even if it is something very simple. Like a flower or a meditation. The fresh air helps and when I start feeling guilty about getting things done like housework or what ever, I pick at least one thing and do it. Gives a sense of accomplishment even if it is small in the overall scheme because that can feel overwhelming.

Been quiet for the past week or so because my depression and anxiety, has been bad. I am new to therapy so all of everything we are working on is just coming to the surface as well as everything I deal with daily and it's beyond my words to say how hard it is to process everything. I get through what is required of me the best I can and then a lot of time is spent alone in my room or my bed. Away trying to process everything. But I cannot. It's like everything is on loop and I can't stop it. It's like I am stuck.
And people, however well intention, don't make it better. Also I feel like my family is trying their best to cope with me and their understanding but I know it can't be easy.
I apologize for the vent. I just wanted to check in and say I'm here. And I find this place helpful and safe. Thank you for listening. ❤️
If you don't already go out and buy multivitamins you need all of them
You may be lacking in vitamin B6 and vitamin b3

Hi Oda. I just posted to Momo things I do when
I am having a hard time to get better. Perhaps they will help you as well. It is one of the featured forum Posts by Momo.

I hope the processing runs smoothly for you.
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
You're not alone, here, on this site.
:)

I find a way to try to go easy on myself. Like : right. Today. All I am going to do is 3 things. The rest of the day I'm going to relax with music and
(for me I like a spliff, I'm not advocating just not going to lie and replace with chocolate or something)
The three things. Have a shower, get some fresh air, do the dishes.
And that's it.

It don't sound much, but it does makes me feel back in control, it takes the edge of all the guilt built up by procrastinating, and you get 'some' productivity which helps also.

Sean covey 7habits helped me too.

Vent to your hearts content! I've heard it's good for the soul, or something like that. I say treat your self, by eating a whole family-sized block of chocolate.... or perhaps I'm giving you that advice so I don't feel so guilty about devouring mine... Oh well, hope you feel better soon! :p

Nooo, don't do that. I did that when I was a teen. I ended up binge eating for aprox. 4 years, lots of weight on, more depressed for not being able to control myself and because of being fat. It took me aprox. 2 years to lose the weight and change my mind set (I haven't fell into that since then, thank God).
It all started innocently like that, "let's cheer up with some carbs, just one time", and it spiraled down very fast.

Last edited:
Nooo, don't do that. I did that when I was a teen. I ended up binge eating for aprox. 4 years, lots of weight on, more depressed for not being able to control myself and because of being fat. It took me aprox. 2 years to loose the weight and change my mind set (I haven't fell into that since then, thank God).
It all started innocently like that, "let's cheer up with some carbs, just one time", and it spiraled down very fast.
Don't worry, I don't think I'd even physically be able to eat a family sized block of chocolate without vomiting (it was a joke). I generally don't eat that much at all, which is my problem, remembering to eat.

Yay, but there's a Sean covey book, that's aimed at teenagers. I'm far from a teen. I'm almost 40. But prefer the teen book. I am still young inside...

Before I knew I was aspie, and believed "the it" was social anxiety, this book pulled me through, some real challenges and I believed this was going to fix me.. my only issues were bad habits and self esteem. (Ok on aspie, the book won't fix me. But when it at a low, or in a limbo please give this a try. Thank you for the links

Try grounding yourself with something that you know and love, remind yourself that you are you and all of this shall pass and you'll be stronger from the experience.
This is the first piece of applicable advice I've been given that is grounding and not saccharine sweet and annoyingly cloying and not seemingly unattainable. This is helpful and not hurtful. Thank you.

Glad to see you are here again.
Stay strong and just go with it. Not easy.
Spending time alone and resting may be what you need for processing. I believe my body tells me what I should be doing that is helpful if I just listen to the feelings.
I always try to find something to focus on that brings good emotions everyday even if it is something very simple. Like a flower or a meditation. The fresh air helps and when I start feeling guilty about getting things done like housework or what ever, I pick at least one thing and do it. Gives a sense of accomplishment even if it is small in the overall scheme because that can feel overwhelming.
Very helpful easily and not applicable and overwhelming Susan. Thank you :hibiscus::cherryblossom::rose:

Oda, I reread your initial post and would like to say, get a lot of sleep, sleep is how the body heals and if I get overwhelmed I try to stim until I can go to sleep for the night and usually I wake up feeling better. AS people's minds tend to overload easily. Also, you need to tell your therapist, since it sounds like bringing up those awful memories triggered it. Maybe the therapist needs to adjust her approach.

New Threads

Top Bottom