• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

struggling a little with the forum

andrew720

Well, as the title says. This is a really nice forum but things are happening so fast I cant keep up. I'm finding I can read like a line or two of a post then everything becomes a blur. Ever need to line things up to get a sense of things? I always feel a need to slow things down so I can interact.

Not entirely sure what you're asking, Andrew. You don't have to keep up to date with everything on the forum y'know, you can just read and reply in the topics you're interested in. :)

I hate that feeling of having to read everything on a forum. That's another reason I didn't like WP.
It's very stressful. I tend to be more active on forums I can keep up to date with. The one I post most on only has around 10 active members.
The 'Mark <board/forum> As Read Button' is extremely useful imo. It can be found under the green bar with the Facebook icon, and under the 'Start a New Topic' button.
You're still not completely up-to-date, but imo, it's just frustrating when there's posts which are marked as not read, when it's on a board which doesn't have anything that you'd find interesting.
EMZ=]

@Chris

Can you subscribe to threads or get RSS notifications like in VBulletin? Those might help.

I'm already getting addicted to Aspergic. It feels like a second home here. Lots of nice people.  :D

I'm already getting addicted to Aspergic. It feels like a second home here. Lots of nice people. :D

Ha, it's amazing how quickly Aspies get obsessed with stuff. I been on here ALL DAY today. I'm still looking around for stuff to do :D Seriously, I was on here from about 9PM yesterday night until around 5am this morning, I woke up at 9am and I haven't been off here since. i went and got lunch but that's all.

My eyes hurt XD :rolleyes:

EDIT: There is an RSS Feed. If you look up towards the top of any page (on the navigation bar) on the right there's a 'View new content' - if that's what you mean ? Well it's next to the RSS Feed for the blogs and calendar anyway. Sorry about that! But it works in a similar way to an RSS Feed

EDIT: There is an RSS Feed. If you look up towards the top of any page (on the navigation bar) on the right there's a 'View new content' - if that's what you mean ? Well it's next to the RSS Feed for the blogs and calendar anyway. Sorry about that! But it works in a similar way to an RSS Feed

Yeah, I noticed that. That's useful too. What I meant though was a feed like the orange icon. The orange icon on Aspergic only gives feeds for the blogs and calendar - not the latest forum posts.

Yeah, I noticed that. That's useful too. What I meant though was a feed like the orange icon. The orange icon on Aspergic only gives feeds for the blogs and calendar - not the latest forum posts.

Aaah. Yes, there must be an add-on or plugin for IPB somewhere to do that ? @Chris ??? XD :D

You don't need to read everything. Just pick a thread you want to read, take a little at a time. You don't need to read every thread here. Just select some. I have pretty much read everything or skimmed because it's still small. You don't need to read every post here either. Just read a few.

@ Michael 

Chris is most likely in bed by now.   :D It's nearly 1 in the morning!!!   :eek: Where has the time gone?

Damn, this site really is addictive.
I've not been in bed before 11 PM at all this week.
Argh xD.
I keep going to work exp. exhausted.
EMZ=]

I'm sure you can subscribe to threads on IPB - you certainly used to be able to, so I doubt they removed it... they'll just have incooperated it somewhere crafty with ajax and it'll be staring me in the face but I can't see it.

I'll work on adding forum content to the RSS feed. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom