• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strict 'Good night' Routine.

lizzy171002

Every single night, when I go to get the ferrets late night meal before I go to bed, I have a very strict interactive routine.

If there is someone still awake downstairs, I will fix up the ferret food on the tray, pick up the tray, and walk to the center of the arch that leads into the living room. (That is usually where the people are).

I?ll say:

Good Night.

*wait for response ?you too"*

Sweet Dreams.

*wait for response, ?sleep tight"*

I Love You.

*wait for response ?I love you too"*

Thank you, that?s nice to hear.

*Leave*

If I don?t get the right responses, I will stand there and wait for them.

Usually it?s just someone going ?hmmm? or a misplaced ?you too?. If they don?t notice that I?m still waiting, or that their response is not the one I?m waiting for, I?ll repeat the last said words with a bit of emphasis (I Love you.) until I get the right response. I?ll usually shift uncomfortably on my feet and feel a bit anxious while I coax the right words.

I feel silly over it, but the times I haven?t gotten the right responses I feel sick and panicky for the rest of the night and will spend hours rocking in my computer-chair to calm down.

I NEED my routine, even if I suppose that the fact that I?ve borderline ?trained? my family to respond that way calls their sincerity into question.

Is this a bad thing? Should I try to stop, do you think?

New Threads

Top Bottom