• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stress of Day to Day life

Caveboy90

Hello.

I am an Aspie, have been for most of my life, but diagnosed for the last 8 years.

I tend to go up and down alot. Most of the time I'm not too bad but I do tend to have spikes every now and again.

Does anyone else find the stresses of life become too much for them at times?

The paying the bills, making sure you have things to do with your family on your days off, organising pretty much everything. The general life events can seem like such an effort at times.

I don't know if its a motivation issue that I'm struggling with but when this hits me, its almost like the easy side of things in life become 1 massive issue in my head.

I get days where I want to be alone and days where I don't want to be alone as I constantly have a battle in my head thinking things are worse than they actually are.

Does anyone else experience similar?

Thanks

Anxiety. Basically, the thought of doing anything creates this weird feeling,...like it's just too much. Everyone has it to some degree,...it really holds people back in every aspect of their life. It could be somewhat life changing,...buying a new house, a new car, asking a person out on a date, investing in the stock market for the first time. It could be something as simple as getting dressed in the morning or deciding what to eat,...in which case,...it can be paralyzing. Anxiety, is definitely a "thing" with folks on the spectrum. It is basically, a neurotransmitter imbalance,...but the resultant emotional state is very real and should be taken seriously because it can lead one down the path of depression and, worst case, suicide. Start out with things you can control,...diet and supplements,...usually works for milder cases. Then there are medications from your doctor,...not a fan,...but I am controlled with diet and supplements. Personally,...my anecdotal experience,...minimize/avoid things that trigger brain inflammation like gluten, dairy, and simple sugars. I am on a pseudo-keto-paleo type of diet,...basically getting most of my energy from fats and proteins. Supplements,...my favorite, by far, is L-theanine (200mg morning and evening),...it is my glutamine receptor blocker,...calms me right down,...evens me out. Chelated magnesium (800-1000mg morning and evening),...slows the heart rate, relaxes the blood vessels, drops the blood pressure. Melatonin (3-5mg) at bedtime,...between the L-theanine and magnesium combo,...you will sleep like the dead,...no more racing thoughts keeping you up at night. At any rate,...do your own research. This is what works for me,...no guarantees it will work for you,...but hopefully, you can get yourself back on track soon.

I find it hard to keep up with household chores... feeling tired, lack of motivation, in my free time when I'm not working, I want to rest and not have to do chores or have other obligations.

Yes, I am not anxious though, but I do have trouble organising stuff, it's certainly challenging. Often I find it's best to just keep going, do one thing at a time and it does all get done, though I may find I unfortunately forgot one of the things I needed to do. Even though I may have had it in mind er, up until I didn't... even though I had it written down. Forgot to look. This is why Santa makes a list and checks it twice. He's an autie.

Things tend to spiral if I don’t keep on top of household chores. Once the dishes are in the sink overnight, my ability to think and concentrate starts to rapidly decline. Same with my room. Soon the carpet goes un-vacuumed, the laundry piles up, and the kids are cross. These moments do come and go, so it’s not always a battle.

Some days I wish I could be by myself for a month, just me and my cat, with no kids at home. Nice silence in the house, just quiet and stillness. Other days, me and the kids laugh and they do their chores and the house runs fairly smoothly. This past year was really tough with all the changes with school, work, etc. I did fall into a depression then and had a really tough time getting out of bed. Finally sought some answers to my life, though, which in part brought me here.

Same with the writing down of things. If the reminder is not in my phone, the appointment does not exist. If the grocery item is not written down, I will likely forget why I went to the store in the first place, or buy a whole bunch of other stuff instead.

So no, you’re not alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom