• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stories about your life

N64boy96

When I was 13 my brother sister and I were taken away from our father because he liked to drink a bit with friends. He wasn't abusive or anything but you know how black and white foster care is. Anyways the first day at our aunts house, our guardian, she begins talking **** about or parents in the middle of dinner and after A while I just got up in the middle of dinner and walked out the front door because I didn't want to hear. Dinner was at 5 and I didn't come back till 8. Where was I, sitting on the train tracks on the other side of town.

After a concert in London, one girl that was about to leave dragged her foster mother, who had come as her chaperone to the show, back toward the stage as we were gathering our guitars. I went to the fence to speak to the girl, thinking she wanted a selfie with us or an autograph.

The girl was mute due to severe abuse induced trauma but, she sang five of our songs, that was the only sound she ever made. I plugged my guitar back in and played and sang those five songs with her. Made her year, maybe her life and, made my day. Two years later, I got a letter from the girl, she was seventeen by then and was speaking and, planned to become a music teacher in a school for the handicapped.

It's moments like that that make life worthwhile, the chance to bring a little light into someone's dark world, then to see that light grow and shine brilliantly down the road. It really reminded me of the power music can have, of the good I can do through music.

When I was in the fourth grade, my parents decided to send me to school for a year. It was very hard because two boys in my class kept picking on me. So what did I do? I smashed them into the mud. I tripped the one into the mud, then pulled the other one in. Their clothes got muddy and all three of us got in trouble, but was really their own fault. They were the ones making fun of me and being very loud about I couldn't behave. The teacher told me not to do it again, but since I was being picked on, she actually sent both boys to the office to have a chat with the higher authorities. Those two boys were always in trouble for something. They just never got the message. They didn't pick on me after that incident though.

New Threads

Top Bottom