• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How or When do you stim?

Happens involuntarily if I stand in front of the tv set. I begin to rock back and forth.

There is usually some part of my body in motion every waking hour :D

Right now,both of my big toes are alternating up and down motion in opposite directions

Almost never in the public eye, and if I do it's when I'm overly anxious while talking to someone; otherwise, constantly when I'm at home and in my spot just resting, relaxing, and pursuing happiness.

When I'm alone, I'm quite self concious about my idiosyncrasies. So it's mostly in my bedroom either when I'm worrying or when I feel the need to stimulate my olfactory sense.

When I'm very nervous or if my mind wonders and I feel like I'm "somewhere else"

There is usually some part of my body in motion every waking hour :D

Right now,both of my big toes are alternating up and down motion in opposite directions

Same here. I'm constantly moving, usually my toes. Or biting/picking on skin around my nails.

Same here. I'm constantly moving, usually my toes. Or biting/picking on skin around my nails.
Another stim I use in public is rocking out to music where I only look like I am really into the song and not just a freakazoid

I do it when I'm nervous or excited I will rub my hands or knuckles my husband tells me to stop it I also pace up and down when in my room which was a also a habit I did when I was thinking of ideas for drawings.

I tend to sim when I am anxious, bored, or in deep thought. I used to pace in in the presence of other people all the time until it was made apparent that this was not acceptable.

I think mostly when I am excited about something to do with an interest or the look of something... or no apparent reason.

i bundle up the stimming if i am out in the public eye, or play with my keys or something in my pocket, i once had a squidgy woogely stretchy yoyo thing that was just the best way to stim on the down low, only prob is the break pretty easily.

i probably stim more when i am upset, otherwise i just do it impulsively.

Most any waking minute. Wiggle my toes, play "air piano" on my knees, run various things under my fingernails, bit my lip or cheek, rhythmically tense and relax various muscles, twirl my hair if it is long enough. I think that I am doing them so subtly that no one notices, so I will do them in public, but I have been called on it sometimes.:flushed:

New Threads

Top Bottom