• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stephen Hawking dies at 76yo

Jorg

It is with a heavy heart that I post this, several news agencies and sites are announcing the death of Stephen Hawking, a genius, a fighter and a great human which studied and gave answer to big universe misteries.

I'm really shocked, and saddened right now. I guess we can expect him to be discussing ideas with Newton, Galileo, Copernius and Carl Sagan among some great human mind.

Rest in Peace.

I read about that on my home page just before I logged on to AC. The world has lost one of the greatest minds that has ever been. RIP.

He celebrated his 60th birthday by going up in a hot-air balloon. The same week, he also crashed his electric-powered wheelchair while speeding around a corner in Cambridge, breaking his leg.

In April 2007, a few months after his 65th birthday, he took part in a zero-gravity flight aboard a specially equipped Boeing 727, a padded aircraft that flies a roller-coaster trajectory to produce fleeting periods of weightlessness. It was a prelude to a hoped-for trip to space with Richard Branson’s VirginGalactic company aboard SpaceShipTwo.

Asked why he took such risks, Dr. Hawking said, “I want to show that people need not be limited by physical handicaps as long as they are not disabled in spirit.”

I saw it on my homepage also when I logged on tonight.
Great mind, scientist and a true survivor.
RIP...Never forgotten.

You know. His biggest dream was to win the Nobel Prize for science. Too bad he never made it. I do hope that he did make peace with his creator.

It is with a heavy heart that I post this, several news agencies and sites are announcing the death of Stephen Hawking, a genius, a fighter and a great human which studied and gave answer to big universe misteries.

I'm really shocked, and saddened right now. I guess we can expect him to be discussing ideas with Newton, Galileo, Copernius and Carl Sagan among some great human mind.

Rest in Peace.
I wish I could talk about him but the disease he had killed my mother and I still have PTSD from that .
my mother lived three years from diagnosis Stephen Hawking lived 50 years from diagnosis .

Apparently he figured out everyhting that was going to happen.

He then recorded voice notes for every future occasion.

So he could still be with us.

Maybe now some of the people who bought his book may read another page or two.

But definitely sad, the world darkens a little further.

The world has lost one of it's greatest minds. Still, he's had a pretty incredible life considering he wasn't expected to live past 25! He's a real inspiration.

my mother lived three years from diagnosis Stephen Hawking lived 50 years from diagnosis .

There are many theories, but in her book his first wife said they learned that wheat and sugar increased his issues; so he did not eat them from early on. Perhaps it made a great difference!

Last edited:
RIP, Mr. Hawking.

A great inspiration not only due to his amazing intellect, but also to lived a long and productive life for one who had ALS.

Last edited:
I read his book, "A Brief History of Time" not long after it was first published. I'll admit that I didn't grasp most of it, but it was still fascinating reading. However, it was his appearance in the Jaguar commercial that I enjoyed the most:

That video link failed.
Maybe this one works.
Let's see.

I don't know what happened, as it worked when I first posted it. I posted it again, but oddly it had a different URL even though it was the same one.

I don't know either.
And it didn't even have the grace to do that
thing that images do sometimes. The irritating
'Box with the Red X' to give a clue. o_O

I hadn't seen the ad before today.

I just heard about this, sad to hear about his passing away. Coincidentally, he died on Albert Einstein's birthday...could there be a connection?

Never mind, let's not ask too many questions. Curiosity killed the cat after all...

New Threads

Top Bottom