• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Statistics

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
As many you may have noticed I like playing with stats.
Years ago I put together a blank statistics spread sheet.
If any one here is interested it is a simple individuals and moving range.
I am willing to send copies, Excel format. If you want a copy you will need to send me an E-mail address privately, on the message part of the this forum to send it too. Just plug in the data of interest and it does the calculations automatically, it also contains a Z-table calculator.

I am working on a chi-squared run chart for frequencies in aquatic invertebrate sensitivities based on Hilsenhoff tolerance values ordered by quartiles. The objective is to detect any shifts that indicate a degraded environment as soon as possible.

My real passion is Statistical Design of Experiments. I had devoured the book by Box, Hunter & Hunter. And I still have a Western Electric Handbook of Statistical Process Control.

I took a course in design of experiments, nice method a little to sophisticated for most stuff that I do.

Here is an example of what you can do with data, any dataset, I did a few this years ago, mathematically turned curved lines into a straight line then to control chart. Sports example, additionally I joined weight watchers years ago. Tried to convince them this would be useful for their members, fell on deaf ears.

Attachments

• CEO Data 2014 2nd.pdf
    224.7 KB · Views: 96
  • CEO pay data 1st.pdf
    224.7 KB · Views: 95
  • CEO pay data 1st.pdf Chart.pdf
    166.1 KB · Views: 88
  • CEO pay data 2nd.pdf Chart.pdf
    165.1 KB · Views: 99
  • NHL All Time Goals.pdf
    179.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Weight Ron.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Statistical graphics, done properly can reveal a lot. I once was tasked with validating temperature controlled rooms for pharmaceutical stability studies for control and uniformity. Data recording points up the wazoo. The first thing I did was plot box and whisker plots of temps over 24 hours at each location. First thing I noticed was a set of points across a section of a room that was significantly lower than the rest of the room (no overlap). Investigating, I found that because of space restraints an insulated coolant line had been run across the air supply plenum above that region. Such analysis and an analysis of control as external conditions changed and with load hysteresis, let me design a monitoring plan that saved the company $400,000 a year. Did I see any of that? Nope.

I was know for ignoring management team, finding clever ways around them and getting My Ideas accepted. When they worked watching how fast they take credit for it. incremental changes work much better than one big change every one need to buy into. I visualize the big change in my head, plan how to get there slowly, incrementally follow my plan say nothing to any body. just quietly implement it. Then one day it works. bigger company buys mine. no one the wiser. Sort of like the frog in the hot water.

I was know for ignoring management team, finding clever ways around them and getting My Ideas accepted. When they worked watching how fast they take credit for it. incremental changes work much better than one big change every one need to buy into. I visualize the big change in my head, plan how to get there slowly, incrementally follow my plan say nothing to any body. just quietly implement it. Then one day it works. bigger company buys mine. no one the wiser. Sort of like the frog in the hot water.
In my last position I was fortunate. My work in support of quality, especially with sterilization processes and pre-inspection audits gained me a lot of credibility and influence. I was the fly in the ointment, though, among product managers who wanted to import from China. I had Engineering (who I could trust) test the output from those sources and give me the data. Many times I could explain just how the processes were out of control or post process sorting took place to yield material which took up the entire tolerance interval. They disliked to see me coming, but I felt that I worked for the patients using our products, not those managers.

I just found a law in statistics I never was aware of it's called the 0 1 law. explains something in Themo dynamics. I was unaware of until I watched my great course lectures. on phase diagrams interesting.

I put this together years ago on aging the more I use it the more accurate I notice it is. We are bringing in more and more immigrants to my country and this explains why. Simple z-table calculations easy to use. In a few more years a number of countries will be competing for immigrants, not necessarily educated as us baby boomers pass away.

Attachments

• rate of living.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom