• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Starting a Series Over Again and Seeing How Much it Has Improved Over Time

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
So, I am currently binging RWBY volumes 1-6 so I can remember everything that happened before volume 7 comes out. I now remember how, well, (somewhat) janky, the animation in the first 2 volumes is. In volume one, strangers (basically background characters with zero lines) were basically black outlines, but you can somewhat tell they had a "male" stranger model and a "female" stranger model. The only time background characters are fully modeled and textured is if they say something.

Here is a picture of Ruby Rose in volume 1 and 2 compared to Ruby Rose in volume 6:

This one is from volume 2, I think.

Volume 6. She also looks older, since there was a two-year timeskip between volumes 3 and 4. Also notice the change in outfits.

I actually like when animated shows change characters' outfits. Its kinda refreshing to see characters wearing something different time to time.

RWBY, along with many other 3D-animated shows, have improved a ton.

For example, Red vs. Blue, another Rooster Teeth series, started off with Halo: CE gameplay, but later introduced more and more animation. Some visual improvements in RvB were not really the product of better animation, but also just new Halo games having better graphics. Some of RvB is STILL Halo gameplay, which I don't mind, as Halo is one of the best-looking FPS series ever.

What has been a time when you re-watched an entire series and were hit hard with how much the show has improved and changed?

Is that a Japanese show? What’s it about? I like their hair.

I bought a Simpsons episode from 2014 the other day (only because Max von Sydow voices a character in it) and was horror-stricken by how awful and unfunny the show is now.

I don’t watch television shows usually. I saw Penny Dreadful, though, and loved it.

Is that a Japanese show? What’s it about? I like their hair.

I bought a Simpsons episode from 2014 the other day (only because Max von Sydow voices a character in it) and was horror-stricken by how awful and unfunny the show is now.

I don’t watch television shows usually. I saw Penny Dreadful, though, and loved it.
RWBY is American made, but very anime. There is also manga. In Japan, it airs on live TV.

Usually if I'm watching a series of some sort, it's already completed and not getting any more content. So I'm usually treading old ground over and over. Though with some series, it's super obvious that they change massively. Generally what I watch is webseries, mostly. Couldnt give less of a fart about most TV shows, and while I like anime, I'd rather read the mangas. So.... webseries on Youtube.

There's two that I've watched to death. Dont Hug Me, I'm Scared (which is still a very odd title) and Salad Fingers.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-16_at_10.16.08_AM.png

This is from the first episode of DHMIS. Note that the entire thing is done with puppets, and *everything* in the series (outside of a couple of special scenes) is made out of felt/fabric, including the environments. In the first episode, alot of stuff looks a little primitive and maybe kinda cheap, like with the lumpy guy in the pic here.

rtHTu5t.jpg

And here we have episode 4. Everything is much more detailed, the scary stuff (it's a horror series, sort of) is much more... well... scary... and the episode is full of crazy special effects and a loopy CGI scene. No lumpy primitive stuff here, the quality is incredible (as by this point they were backed by a very successful kickstarter). Episode 6, the final one, went even further, with a fully animated scene that could have been right out of a movie.

Salad Fingers, on the other hand, started out as a series done entirely on Flash, with the very primitive animation that Flash is known for. Much later in the series, the guy that makes it switched to a program called After Effects, and the jump in quality is dramatic. I'd show pics here, but his actual artstyle didnt really change much... it's the animation and special effects that went up, and you cant really get that out of a still image.

I've watched both of these many times, and the amount of time and effort that went into them continues to impress me.

3C113CC3-2009-449F-A531-F081BFE4C324.jpeg
42BA3025-47A8-4B87-A8C7-4311203E7C67.jpeg
Dr Who when the whole series changed after the early 1970s and when the 10th doctors tardis changed from this (above bottom )to the 11th doctors (above top ).

New Threads

Top Bottom