• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Wars is like a gravity well in my life.

Illkurok

King of Isolation
I've been a huge fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, but normally I don't talk about it much with people because I know just how far I can take my obsession with it.

I play a lot of the video games about it, mainly the older ones, like the classic Star Wars: Battlefront II and Empire at War. I feel like being immersed in those games helps me to mentally continue ensuring my loyalty to it. I also have read most of the novels, so I know a lot more than people who have just seen a movie or two.

I honestly wish I could have been born early enough to see the original trilogy in theaters, watching the Stormtroopers from Darth Vader's 501st Legion storm the Tantive IV to capture Princess Leia back then would have been a wondrous thing to see.

The original trilogy is honestly my favorite. The Empire Strikes Back is the greatest film ever made in my opinion, so much action and excitement packed into a short amount of time. Magnificent.

Some people have suggested that I try and broaden my horizons away from Star Wars and try to get another interest, but I have no desire to do that because the whole loyalty thing comes into the mix. Star Wars has been in my life for so long that I feel it is a part of who I am. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without it.

I honestly wish I could have been born early enough to see the original trilogy in theaters, watching the Stormtroopers from Darth Vader's 501st Legion storm the Tantive IV to capture Princess Leia back then would have been a wondrous thing to see.

Saw the first three original Star Wars movies in an old-fashioned one screen theater with a really good sound system. It was revelatory at the time, and during the movie my six year old nephew stood on his seat the entire time. No one could make him sit down, he was so excited. It was one of the best things I've seen on a true big screen. The theater itself no longer exists, it became a mega complex with twenty screens. I'm happy I got to see it that way. It's embedded in my memory for good.

Saw the first three original Star Wars movies in an old-fashioned one screen theater with a really good sound system. It was revelatory at the time, and during the movie my six year old nephew stood on his seat the entire time. No one could make him sit down, he was so excited. It was one of the best things I've seen on a true big screen. The theater itself no longer exists, it became a mega complex with twenty screens. I'm happy I got to see it that way. It's embedded in my memory for good.

I'm quite jealous of that. At least I have the movies though. Truly blessed in that regard.

I'm quite jealous of that. At least I have the movies though. Truly blessed in that regard.

Wasn't trying to make you jealous. Saw everything I could at that theater, it was one of the last real movie theaters to remain open for the great movies.

Wasn't trying to make you jealous. Saw everything I could at that theater, it was one of the last real movie theaters to remain open for the great movies.

We have one of the last outdoor drive-ins in my state close to where I live.

I took one of my sisters with me and saw The Last Jedi there.

I thought it was a blast. I’ve wondered if Episode IX will hit there sometime.

I love Star Wars too and actually finished building the Lego Kessel Run Millenium Falcon,I like both the Original and Prequel trilogies and Revenge of the Sith is my favourite Star Wars movie,like you I don’t have many people to share this interest with and while my husband doesn’t mind me talking about it to him he will tell me when he has had enough but I know how it feels not to be able to share your interests with many people.

I love Star Wars too and actually finished building the Lego Kessel Run Millenium Falcon,I like both the Original and Prequel trilogies and Revenge of the Sith is my favourite Star Wars movie,like you I don’t have many people to share this interest with and while my husband doesn’t mind me talking about it to him he will tell me when he has had enough but I know how it feels not to be able to share your interests with many people.

I've got a ton of built Star Wars lego things, including the First Order's Special Forces TIE Fighter.

Now if only they would release Darth Nihilus' Ravager battlecruiser as a kit to build, then I'd be truly content.

Revenge of the Sith is awesome, but my absolute favorite is The Empire Strikes Back, so much action and just overall Imperial dominance.

Star Wars (before Disney....) teaches everything you need to know to live life. Specifically, Empire Strikes Back, and the X-Wing series of books. There's no reason to broaden your interests.

Lol, very relatable thread here. I'm a huge Star Wars fan too, and it's basically been my primary special interest for many years. There was a point where I wanted to move on from Star Wars and get into something else, but, like a tractor beam, Star Wars pulls me back in. There's just nothing else like it that can satisfy me in the same way.

Like you, it's very much become a part of my identity. Whenever Star Wars is brought up in conversation, people always look to me, because the people who know me know I'm the Star Wars guy.

Star Wars simply just ticks all the boxes. You don't even really need another special interest in your life. If you want to watch a great movie, Star Wars has plenty of them to watch. If you want to watch a good TV series, you have The Clone Wars and Rebels and such. If you want a good book, there's a truckload of Star Wars novels. If you want some awesome video games, Star Wars has that in spades. Whenever I'm bored I like to dismantle some droids in Battlefront II (the 2005 one). I do play the 2017 one too, but mainly only with my friend. It's not very fun on your own unlike the classic BF2. On top of that, the other games like KOTOR and Empire at War are awesome too. I see you're a fan of Nihilus, great choice. He's easily one of my favourite Sith lords. His design is awesome, and the fact he's the force possessing a robe is pretty terrifying and bad-ass.

As for my favourite Star Wars movie, it's hard to say. I really see the whole saga as one huge movie. If I had to choose though, it would probably be The Empire Strikes Back. The cliche choice for most fans, but it's an amazing movie that still blows me away, even almost 40 years later. My second favourite movie would probably be Attack of the Clones, an unusual choice, but it has such an excellent balance of action, story, drama and world building that I find it a joy to watch. Most fans like to argue about the prequels, but I love the prequels almost as much as I love the original trilogy. The new Disney movies are alright, they get way too much hate, I mostly enjoy them. Kylo Ren is probably one of my favourite villains so far. I am also indeed looking forward to Episode IX.

It's also hard to choose favourite characters, as there's not many characters that I don't like. Obi-Wan would probably be my choice for favourite character, as even though he has been through so much and lost so many people he loves, he never gives up or loses himself to anger or fear. My favourite villain though, is definitely Asajj Ventress. She doesn't get enough love IMO. In The Clone Wars, her character arc was the most relatable and interesting of most of the villains in that show. Also definitely looking forward to the new season of it.

Lol, I see I've really ranted to death. It's not often I get to rant about my love for Star Wars. Sorry to hit you with such a big wall of text, but you are not alone in your undying love for Star Wars.

I will always like star wars. As part of the rebel alliance and a jedi wolf. I can assure you that star wars is a first step into a larger world. As a fan to a fan. Try the halo books and games.

While I like the original trilogy there is a lot of things that don't make any sense that ruin my immersion in the setting and drive me INSANE.
Things like battleships with acceleration higher than the blast waves of thermal nuclear warheads yet use manual targeting and navigation - that's crazy.
But space fighters don't make sense anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom