• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SSI

matt000333

I thought she was going to be fair to me in my hearing but should have know I was denied in hearing itself when I caught her rolling her eyes at my attorney defending me against the Voc Expert at the end of my hearing My lawyer said My SSi should have been approved when I first filed many years ago and all they did was twist words and use bad doctors I hadnt seen in Years because their opinion was that im fine Had 3 different Docters be for me who were more current then the one who was bad and my current counselor was for me So they didnt use her either the game is rigged I had the medical proof and they twisted words and ignored cold hard facts to deny me. They should be ashamed of themselves but Im sure their not they get to go home to their fancy stuff.

I am waiting to hear if my lawyer will think he will he thought I had good case and should have been approved years ago and he seemed like an honest one hes religious type guy Just sucks having to appeal when I had my medical for me and they still found a way to make up things and deny me I wish I could work be alot easior then doing this for years I hate it when Asperger people get labled as lazy just because people cant see something physically wrong with us.

Man this forums suck at supporting people lately dont think I will come back

It would seem that an overwhelming number of people who initially approach the Social Security Administration entirely on their own lose their case. But you did the right thing IMO, seeking legal counsel. Which sadly leaves me with little to comment on beyond what was already posted.

To appeal- providing your attorney agrees. If not, perhaps your only option is to seek another attorney who specializes in such cases. Also to seek out another medical professional (Psychiatrist or Neurologist) to reevaluate and support your case rather than depend on earlier evaluations which the SSA seems to discredit for whatever reasons.

Though IMO be aware that those diagnosed under the DSM-V protocols may have a tougher time validating their being on the spectrum of autism. Protocols which appear to be more suited to denying a positive diagnosis rather than to affirm it. More in accordance with containing costs for insurers, and maintaining the Affordable Care Act for political reasons even when it doesn't work for so many who bought into it.

I agree appeal the case as it's standard for them to initially turn them down. Be sure to go to current Drs and have them document everything. Ask them for notes.

Well ill come back from time to time sorry just really down this is my 8th denial and I have tryed to think of jobs I could do but cant find one that I would last at went three years job to job before I had breakdown and found out about my aspergers wasnt even trying to get ssi then but they just think im trying to scam the system im at third level now one I heard from was the ALJ part next one goes to appeals court in Virginia im just trying to look at bright side I do have a nice apartment with my grandma for now just scary if something happened to her I could be homeless.

New Threads

Top Bottom