• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sports/world records and head injuries

The two are unrelated. Different physics are involved. Breaking sticks,...or bricks with your head,...is a different type of impact. We've seen these people do this for our entertainment. Martial artists have specific training on these techniques in order to perform these feats correctly,...while minimizing self-injury. American football is quite different. It is the type of trauma that causes the brain to be impacted and damaged directly. There is nothing controlled about these hits between one player and another. I can remember being a teenager playing football and repeatedly getting my "bell rung" throughout the season. Some kids getting hit so hard there would be asymmetrical pupil dilation, or being knocked unconscious, or being out for several weeks with cracked skulls. Now, imagine a kid playing in high school, then at the university, then making it to the professional ranks,...all the while, getting hit, and hit, and hit again through the years. Most people cannot imagine the genetic physical gifts of an elite athlete,...until you have to compete against one of these people,...and I have. Now,...at the professional level,...these people are all elite athletes,...faster, stronger, more agile, etc....and beating each other up on a field for our entertainment. It doesn't take a physician to understand the long-term affects of all of this. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...-and-psychiatric-symptoms-in-football-players

Unfortunently heading is an important part of football game and to be a professional footballer you need to take risk of brain injuries.

Before lockdown the charity for aspies I attended used to run groups soccer or football was one of them, when it hopefully returns, I feel I should warn the staff

New Threads

Top Bottom