• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
I watched the movie as a kid on beta and relate to Madison the Mermaid, the innocence, the constant curiosity shes totally an aspie. The naked part too and being oblivious about clothes reminds me when i was 3 i still ran naked in the house and my parents clothed me lol.She didnt know and parts in the movie with the cross walk sign and blinking lights she says pretty.Movies rated PG btw.

Last edited:
Being a different species in a world of humans is bound to make someone struggle to fit in. The awkwardness that would come from such a situation would be perfectly natural, and I would argue it's not the result of them being autistic.

I think this can be the issue with conditions - sometimes we focus on things too much, and as a result we start to filter the real world to a point where we see our obsessions projected everywhere in the world around us.

Ed

Being a different species in a world of humans is bound to make someone struggle to fit in. The awkwardness that would come from such a situation would be perfectly natural, and I would argue it's not the result of them being autistic.

I think this can be the issue with conditions - sometimes we focus on things too much, and as a result we start to filter the real world to a point where we see our obsessions projected everywhere in the world around us.

Ed
Yet we can relate to her in wanting to fit in.

She actually does have autism.

Self awareness of many different traits of mine has been a result of being diagnosed then
studying about it.

I think most people seek self understanding and awareness.

Haven't seen the movie, but, sounds like something I might like to see.
Will take a look when I can. Too late tonight.

Madison reminds me of me but as a female younger i was just like her, i relate to her her mannerisms show autism too its a cute movie i loved since as a child. Shee was so sweet the guy she likes hes NT though the Tom Hanks Char she traded her necklace to save a beautiful fountain that was gonna get torn down and shipped in his house.

she really loved him a very kind gesture she sacrificed her necklace probably worth millions for this gift just for him.I got soft almost cried knowing how much he means to her, dammit im crying im moved i need a tissue.its soo sweet *cries* im not sad just moved. Love soo deep the scene moved me.

After rewatching a childhood favorite i loved of splash when madison traded her necklace to save a statue as a gift for the human she loves i got moved and cried.
it was so sweet and i cried.

She loves him soooo much i felt it and it made me cry.im sorry for crying emotions over flowing it happy cries, she lovees him so much.Im sorry for crying or being so soft i felt i had to share.

I need a tissue i was moved it was soo sweet she traded her necklace worth millions for a statue worth a few thousand as a gift to her lover because she loves him. Im sorry for crying.

It shows how much she loves him soo much it made me cry. Im sorry for crying especially when she says she loves him.

Back on topic Tom Hanks charicter is NT he shown sarcasm, madison does not understand. Shes an aspie.

New Threads

Top Bottom