• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Disturbing audio recording made inside an elementary school classroom in West Virginia

This is incredibly terrible. These kids have been bullied and abused by these teachers, for who KNOWS how long, and, when the school finds out, all they do is give the teachers administrative leave and move the only two kids who have had their time at school (for the kids' own good) recorded on audio to different classrooms?

Such a shame. Especially since when those two teachers get back to school, the rest of the special needs kids in that class would be subject to even more torment. ...There is no way those two were the only spec ed students in there. My goodness. This is so irritating! Why not just ban those two idiot teachers from teaching a darn lesson ever again, and then have them charged with child abuse or child neglect. Or both. SMH.

"The United States has the best brick and mortar public school system in the world."
*Special needs/special education kids (such as myself) get bullied by teachers.*
School systems: Not our job to take care of that problem properly.
School systems: *basically does nothing.

If one of my elementary school teachers did that to me and, my parents would turn the teachers' lives into an emulation of a tornado once they found out. No joke.

Disturbing audio recording made inside an elementary school classroom in West Virginia

This is incredibly terrible. These kids have been bullied and abused by these teachers, for who KNOWS how long, and, when the school finds out, all they do is give the teachers administrative leave and move the only two kids who have had their time at school (for the kids' own good) recorded on audio to different classrooms?

Such a shame. Especially since when those two teachers get back to school, the rest of the special needs kids in that class would be subject to even more torment. ...There is no way those two were the only spec ed students in there. My goodness. This is so irritating! Why not just ban those two idiot teachers from teaching a darn lesson ever again, and then have them charged with child abuse or child neglect. Or both. SMH.

"The United States has the best brick and mortar public school system in the world."
*Special needs/special education kids (such as myself) get bullied by teachers.*
School systems: Not our job to take care of that problem properly.
School systems: *basically does nothing.

If one of my elementary school teachers did that to me and, my parents would turn the teachers' lives into an emulation of a tornado once they found out. No joke.

Reminds me of that story of a Dad who put a recording device on his son and caught audio of the instructors claiming they were hung over from the night before along with verbally abusing the kids - to the point of calling the man's son a ....
While the Aide did get fired, the teacher was simply moved to another school.
Source: Autistic Boy Records Teachers' Bullying

I don't want to call foul to these kids experiences but this isn't what I experienced and for that I feel lucky and sad that the elementary school(Grant Elementary, Springville Utah) I went to is no longer in operation.

These teachers should be ashamed and lose their licences.

I didn't watch the video - I know it's going to be really bad and I can't. But with the stricter policies they have today it's amazing that this kind of stuff still goes on. They need to fired AND have to pay some kind of restitution.

I won't listen to the audio, but I clicked the link to see what the fallout was. I was amazed at how much action the school ISN'T taking.

I didn't have an autism diagnosis at the time, but whenever me and the bully (he was a boy about my age) would get into an argument, the teacher would get mad at me and not the bully. I was so heartbroken cause she seemed really nice at first, but then she started showing favoritism towards the bully. Plus, before that, I had another teacher who said he would bust me in the lip, and we got my parents up there (even though I told my grandma instead of them about a week or so later cause I was stupid and didn't knowknow to tell people) because it was a threat. Other than that, I didn't really have any teachers bully me because of autism cause I didn't get my diagnosis til just last year.

I didn't have an autism diagnosis at the time, but whenever me and the bully (he was a boy about my age) would get into an argument, the teacher would get mad at me and not the bully. I was so heartbroken cause she seemed really nice at first, but then she started showing favoritism towards the bully. Plus, before that, I had another teacher who said he would bust me in the lip, and we got my parents up there (even though I told my grandma instead of them about a week or so later cause I was stupid and didn't knowknow to tell people) because it was a threat. Other than that, I didn't really have any teachers bully me because of autism cause I didn't get my diagnosis til just last year.
Wow, dang. Must have been rough. What grades was this happening in?

I won't listen to the audio, but I clicked the link to see what the fallout was. I was amazed at how much action the school ISN'T taking.
You made the right choice. The audio (it was actually in video to show what the kids and parents look like) consists of threats of violence against the children and straight-up discrimination. Thank goodness for concealable audio recorders!

The school would never take action. They don't want to spend their time and money on actually caring for all students equally. All they care about is their teachers' well-being, not the kids. In my middle school, only the spec ed teachers (including the spec ed teachers that I, specifically, had classes with) and the resource officer (AKA the school cop) were the only ones who actually cared about the safety and well-being of all the students.

Now come to think of it, the teachers from this news story probably stopped whenever their resource officer came in to check on things. That is probably how they got away with it for so long.

Last edited:
Wow, dang. Must have been rough. What grades was this happening in?
5th was the one where he threatened to bust me in the lip. 9th grade was that teacher who kept favoring the bully over me. I've been in actual physical fights with other kids before, too. I taught some of them a lesson.

I was in cross-country/track for a very short time, and I'll never understand why, but one of the coaches immediately didn't like me (or liked me too much?) and just had me run non-stop, saying I "better not stop for a second," and everyone else did other things while I just ran endlessly, every day. I never even spoke to him or really anyone. What the heck??

I was in cross-country/track for a very short time, and I'll never understand why, but one of the coaches immediately didn't like me (or liked me too much?) and just had me run non-stop, saying I "better not stop for a second," and everyone else did other things while I just ran endlessly, every day. I never even spoke to him or really anyone. What the heck??

I think some teachers just develop a hatred of/power-complex over certain students. Me, my elder sister and young brother all had the same teacher for cookery and she was a right nasty piece of work to me and my siblings.
When my sister went into Sixth Form, she sadly got the same teacher who continued to make my sister miserable. This got to the point that when it came to parents evening, my mum and my sister arrived at the very start and waited until the very end to speak to the teacher - who, as you'd expect, never turned up with the other teachers at the event stating she wasn't coming.
The next day when my sister confronted the teacher about not being at the Parents evening, the teacher lied and claimed she'd been there all night and that my sister and mother must have missed her
(it makes sense - she's happy to act like a nasty piece of work at school but does a roadrunner act at any point where she felt she may have to face the music).

The big secret of public education is that the teachers REALLY hate the kids. They're in there for a guaranteed paycheck and gold plated health insurance and because they can't be fired due to a system called "tenure". Teachers endlessly abuse the kids and rant to each other about how awful the kids are and how the kids "drain the life" out of the teachers. The latest thing is giving a 15 minute (out of a 50 minute class period) lesson-the same lesson to all their classes-just so they can claim to be doing their jobs, then the kids surf their smartphones the rest of the time.

The latest thing is giving a 15 minute (out of a 50 minute class period) lesson-the same lesson to all their classes-just so they can claim to be doing their jobs, then the kids surf their smartphones the rest of the time.

Our schools were so bad I had to teach myself English grammar and take remedial math in college. My sister learned English grammar in German class. I was a year ahead in math until they decided to just teach us pre-algebra repeatedly.

New Threads

Top Bottom