• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Special interest can nurture career opportunities

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member
I have recently uploaded a new video discussing how special interest or hobbies could nurture into great career opportunities.

THIS IS MY 85th UPLOAD FROM MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

For those who don't like my videos I discuss in the contents why special interest is very important for people who are on the autism spectrum. I read some parts from two books, "Appreciating Asperger's Syndromes" by Brenda Boyd and "The Autistic Brain" by Temple Grandin.

I mentioned the positive key points why special interest is important to people who are on the autism spectrum from the book "Appreciating Asperger's Syndromes". When I discuss how specific special interest can nurture career opportunities, I've based the contents on Temple Grandin's book "The Autistic Brain".

I even used the National Autistic Society website to fill in the voids to make this episode as filling and the most information that is required.

I've also towards the end of the video content discussed my current special interest which is Lego, succulent plants and being an autistic YouTube Creator. I've also mention my past interest in Model Trains, being a Hip-Hop artist, a gardener and my previous interest in the occult.

Instagram85.jpg

Hello Aspie with Attitude. I would like to thank you for your numerous video creations with much help and insight supporting those with Autism. You are doing a wonderful job!

And I do agree much that a special interest could open the door if not now then at least later. Our son loves singing, and he has ears and eyes for detail, and pattern recognition.

He is only ten years old, but he says he wants to make singing as possibility his career. We know generally it is hard to succeed in that business, but he sure loves trying and singing.

He seems to recognize pitches well, remember lyrics well, and is is great with putting forth the daily effort. He is fearless when it comes to competitions. He has produced several YouTube videos, and he is optimistic about his future chances.

We love your attitude and contributions to the Autistic community.

This is not only true, it is something that everyone on the spectrum should strive for. I am living proof of this. My special interest is and always has been machinery. As a child, I was always taking things apart to see how they worked. I got my first real set of tools at 13 years old with paper route money. When I was in the Army, I was a tank mechanic. When I got out of the service I went to work for Cat, as a equipment mechanic. While I left Cat a long time ago to go on my own, I am still doing it at 73 years old. Why? Who wouldn't like working with their special interest all day and getting paid for it. It is like getting paid to play.

I made a career out of one of my special interests, which is medicine. I think it’s hard to survive in this world if you’re not passionate about it.

I used to have a passion for drawing cartoons and wanted to be a cartoonist or even an animator, but since just everyday living is hard for me, those dreams are dead. DEAD. I'm trapped in a hick town with no resources and I have nothing to look forwards too. When I was a teenager and not diagnosed with Aspergers which virtually no one knew about, my mother and psychiatrists tried to make me more interested in other things besides cartoons. Big surprise: it didn't work! But I should have realized long ago that I'd never be a real cartoonist.

Also the world has changed since I was younger. Most modern cartoons are just plain awful. They don't care about a good story and strong characters anymore, all they care now is making money with their stupid Minions that fart and barely speak English.

I have recently uploaded a new video discussing how special interest or hobbies could nurture into great career opportunities.

THIS IS MY 85th UPLOAD FROM MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

For those who don't like my videos I discuss in the contents why special interest is very important for people who are on the autism spectrum. I read some parts from two books, "Appreciating Asperger's Syndromes" by Brenda Boyd and "The Autistic Brain" by Temple Grandin.

I mentioned the positive key points why special interest is important to people who are on the autism spectrum from the book "Appreciating Asperger's Syndromes". When I discuss how specific special interest can nurture career opportunities, I've based the contents on Temple Grandin's book "The Autistic Brain".

I even used the National Autistic Society website to fill in the voids to make this episode as filling and the most information that is required.

I've also towards the end of the video content discussed my current special interest which is Lego, succulent plants and being an autistic YouTube Creator. I've also mention my past interest in Model Trains, being a Hip-Hop artist, a gardener and my previous interest in the occult.

View attachment 58389
When I was about 4-5, while on a family vacation, I found a box of assorted rocks. I was fascinated. I kept collecting and studying rocks throughout my childhood. 20 years later I was a geologist, being sent to remote and unknown places (which meant not having to deal with a lot of people). Yes, I know, autistics are not supposed to like variety and change, so exploration does not seem like a good fit. I am also severely ADD (non-hyperactive), and frequently the two characteristics battle it out in me.

I used to have a passion for drawing cartoons and wanted to be a cartoonist or even an animator, but since just everyday living is hard for me, those dreams are dead. DEAD. I'm trapped in a hick town with no resources and I have nothing to look forwards too. When I was a teenager and not diagnosed with Aspergers which virtually no one knew about, my mother and psychiatrists tried to make me more interested in other things besides cartoons. Big surprise: it didn't work! But I should have realized long ago that I'd never be a real cartoonist.

Also the world has changed since I was younger. Most modern cartoons are just plain awful. They don't care about a good story and strong characters anymore, all they care now is making money with their stupid Minions that fart and barely speak English.

Lived in a hick town, that was so hard to do. l lived in a hick state, where a guy called the police because the people were speaking Spanish. In the same state, a lady punched a Somalian because she wasn't speaking English. So happy to no longer live there.

Lived in a hick town, that was so hard to do. l lived in a hick state, where a guy called the police because the people were speaking Spanish. In the same state, a lady punched a Somalian because she wasn't speaking English. So happy to no longer live there.
Never knew you lived down the street sounds like my town The little joys that live near me started screaming at me ,take down that flag ,It’s an Israeli flag ,they thought it was an Afghani flag!

Last edited:
I would like to see if I could make a career change out of YouTubing.

Graphic designer
Music Producer
Animator
Autism Advocacy

Just only name a few. I am aiming to have over 500 subscribers to my YouTube channel by my 100th upload, it's only my 85th upload and please subscribe if you're enjoying my YouTube channel "Aspie With Attitude".

New Threads

Top Bottom