• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Speaking Terms?

Glytch

Heyooo, everybody!
Sorry I haven’t been online in a while. I had a rough week, but that’s not what I’m here to talk about at this particular moment.

So, yesterday, I was having a conversation with someone, and the topic of past romantic failures came up. Of course, I talked about the Amanda drama, but it was much easier to do so than it used to be.
Then, last night, as I was getting ready for bed, you’ll never guess what happened... Amanda texted me.

Yes, you read that correctly. She texted me. After about thirty uncomfortable minutes of texting back and forth, she finally gave me a straight answer for why she broke up with me.
Just like that, we’re on speaking terms again.

...Honestly, I’m not sure how to react to this. Just as I was ready to move on and put her out of mind, she came back into my life. Now, I know there’s no chance of rekindling that romance (been there, done that, dead, buried, do not resuscitate), but what should I do? Should I even do anything? Or should I just wait and see what happens?

No idea or can't remember what the backstory is, but from above sounds like she is keeping you on a string. Will you keep going back like a dog?

Agree with @Tom and you don't want to end up being a filler or a fall back on. Don't do anything.

Now, I know there’s no chance of rekindling that romance (been there, done that, dead, buried, do not resuscitate), but what should I do? Should I even do anything?

Considering your own words, I suspect you already know what you need to do.

Heyooo, everybody!
Sorry I haven’t been online in a while. I had a rough week, but that’s not what I’m here to talk about at this particular moment.

So, yesterday, I was having a conversation with someone, and the topic of past romantic failures came up. Of course, I talked about the Amanda drama, but it was much easier to do so than it used to be.
Then, last night, as I was getting ready for bed, you’ll never guess what happened... Amanda texted me.

Yes, you read that correctly. She texted me. After about thirty uncomfortable minutes of texting back and forth, she finally gave me a straight answer for why she broke up with me.
Just like that, we’re on speaking terms again.

...Honestly, I’m not sure how to react to this. Just as I was ready to move on and put her out of mind, she came back into my life. Now, I know there’s no chance of rekindling that romance (been there, done that, dead, buried, do not resuscitate), but what should I do? Should I even do anything? Or should I just wait and see what happens?
It's best not to pursue this avenue any further. Maybe make it clear to Amanda that the ship has sailed and to wish her luck.

She sounds a little like someone who wants a little drama in her life... If something is done, why come back to rub salt into the wound? I mean, while it may give you some closure to know the reason why things happened the way they did, it's probably best to leave it there. There is nothing more to say or do.

She either wants one of two things, 1. someone to complain to to make herself feel important, or 2. a fall back guy to have sex with until she finds a new boyfriend. The only reason to talk to her would be purely for sex, if you wanted to have sex with her and if you thought it would even happen. Other than that, there is no reason to talk to her. Just delete her number and all her texts.

Recognize your own value and don't let anyone inflict their narcissistic drama on you. Focus on your own life and beware of bloodsuckers.

She either wants one of two things, 1. someone to complain to to make herself feel important, or 2. a fall back guy to have sex with until she finds a new boyfriend. The only reason to talk to her would be purely for sex, if you wanted to have sex with her and if you thought it would even happen. Other than that, there is no reason to talk to her. Just delete her number and all her texts.
NOTHING I DO EVER HAS TO DO WITH SEX. I AM A FREAKING VIRGIN.

...Ahem. Sorry about that. Got a bit worked up there.

We talked some more today. She denied that she talked about me, even though I know she did.
...I know she’s not good for me... She’s manipulative, two-faced, and toxic, according to all sources... and yet... I feel compelled...

...She has an arrow in me yet...

And those arrows can be...(zing) simply irresistable. :oops:
Been through it all. Trying to avoid the arrows.
But, hey...
tumblr_n00dll6m801s2wio8o3_500.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom