• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

South Park question that's really bugging me.

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
How come real-life Canadian celebrities like Jim Carrey look like the American characters in South Park and not like Terrance and Phillip or Kyle's adopted Canadian brother Ike?

I imagine it's probably because it would confuse an audience that's largely unaware when it comes to these certain celebrities, that the audience thinks of Jim Carrey as an American.

I imagine it's probably because it would confuse an audience that's largely unaware when it comes to these certain celebrities, that the audience thinks of Jim Carrey as an American.

I just watched a YouTube clip from the show where Stan is in such a negative mood that everything he sees looks like literal feces, and he and the other boys go to a movie. One of the previews they see has Jim Carrey in it. People were commenting "Jim Carrey is Canadian, he should look like Terrance and Phillip!"

But then again, Jim Carrey is also an anti-vaxxer, so he should look like a pile of feces to me, no matter what country he's from.:smilingimp:

I really don't care for South Park, but it seems that they apply a weird looking stereotype to Canadians. When really, Canadians don't look much different from Americans.

Funny you say that, as I looked up some of the characters, and first person I thought of when I saw Kyle was John Candy who was Canadian.

I have a cousin who looks quite a bit like Jim Carrey. Then again that side of my family has a strong French Canadian background.

New Threads

Top Bottom