• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sorry and proud a it

Maria6681

Morning
I just to say if my spelling is sometimes wrong I have dyslexia and relie on my phone to do most of itIt just pop in to my head and thought I hope it been ok. And relies that the first time in my life that I actually not said sorry first and have been putting post and not worrd about

dont worry maria,we can understand you fine, if you get any 'grammar nazis' like i have [all two of them!] report them to the moderators or blank them and report if it happens regulary.

some aspies and HFAs are obsessed with making sure spelling/grammar is correct and they might lack the social capacity to understand you cant tell someone else how to spell-especially when this is a support forum, but the internet has rules and if youve been on forums for a while you cant miss the rules-you will have been pulled up over your grammar naziing,so theres no excuse if you harass a person over their spelling/grammar a second time-its bullying and could make someones self esteem, confidence and mental health get worse.

I must admit that spelling is a bit of a pet peeve for mine, I see way too many people on the internet just not bothering at all, i don't understand why. I hope these people don't do the same thing when writing formal letters.

I am guilty however of not considering the person is dyslexic even though I no longer bother to comment on it; someone has pointed out this out to me in the past and I felt mean and dumb for not thinking of that to begin with. So lesson learnt.

I don't know why I'm telling you this.

But yes, I have troubles with my words quite often. Misplacing words, using do instead of go and vice versa so I'm not perfect. I also don't proof-read enough. So none of us are perfect, don't feel bad about it, especially since you have a very legitimate reason for it. You could even put it in your signature on this forum if you wanted to. I know you mentioned you use for phone instead of a computer but just in case you also use a computer, there are multiple web browsers that have grammar and spell checks built in that work similarly to Microsoft Word, Chrome being the best at this feature. I don't know if that feature extends to the mobile version, might be worth a check. Just thought I'd throw that idea in there for you.

For this dyslexia penguin, I find most members are understanding. If anyone does give you a hard time, please report it to staff.

I must admit that spelling is a bit of a pet peeve for mine, I see way too many people on the internet just not bothering at all, i don't understand why. I hope these people don't do the same thing when writing formal letters.

I am guilty however of not considering the person is dyslexic even though I no longer bother to comment on it; someone has pointed out this out to me in the past and I felt mean and dumb for not thinking of that to begin with. So lesson learnt.

I don't know why I'm telling you this.

But yes, I have troubles with my words quite often. Misplacing words, using do instead of go and vice versa so I'm not perfect. I also don't proof-read enough. So none of us are perfect, don't feel bad about it, especially since you have a very legitimate reason for it. You could even put it in your signature on this forum if you wanted to. I know you mentioned you use for phone instead of a computer but just in case you also use a computer, there are multiple web browsers that have grammar and spell checks built in that work similarly to Microsoft Word, Chrome being the best at this feature. I don't know if that feature extends to the mobile version, might be worth a check. Just thought I'd throw that idea in there for you.
Normally I don't write anything i have facebooked but a few people have pull me up and I felt so stupid so I never write post anymore. It really wired as I always normally have doubts before doing anything that I have to spell but not question doing on her. It only because I see something that had a few mistakes then started over thing that if people would get what I was saying. If my phone spell something wrong but I don't no how to spell it I think my phone right. I should look at when I am sending as you can see by my post I have left out words double put words. My gammer is rubbish to say the least.

Normally I don't write anything i have facebooked but a few people have pull me up and I felt so stupid so I never write post anymore. It really wired as I always normally have doubts before doing anything that I have to spell but not question doing on her. It only because I see something that had a few mistakes then started over thing that if people would get what I was saying. If my phone spell something wrong but I don't no how to spell it I think my phone right. I should look at when I am sending as you can see by my post I have left out words double put words. My gammer is rubbish to say the least.

Again, don't worry about it. What you say is completely readable. The vast majority of people can read words that have had all their vowels removed, middle letters of words switched around, and letters replaced by numbers. When you factor in our amazing ability to comprehend things like these it's really not that hard to do when someone uses 'think' instead of 'thing'. Chances are if anyone says otherwise they're just doing their very best to bring out the worst of themselves.

Poor spelling and unintelligible sentences drive my insane, but I wouldn't presume to pull someone up on it, that just seems kind of rude... Unless it was totally illegible, in which case you would have to or you wouldn't know what they were talking about lol.

it doesnt matter if its not perfect maria,as this is an autism support forum so you should expect support and friendship off us not harassment!
if it was an english exam however you might struggle like me but some people treat the internet like its an english exam,youve got to try and not take it personally as hard as it is,i got really upset and banged my head when i got told off for spelling wrongly recently on here and i was told i was deliberelty spelling wrong by another guy who i reported because it was a big rant at me-i dont know how they know how im acting without knowing me and my circumstances ,i have cognitive and visual perception difficulties that affect my grammar,my spelling and my ability to use caps regulary,im not dyslexic but people need to be socially accomodating of others who have different needs to them.

you cant be an aspie/autie and expect forums to accept you while condeming people for spelling differently,what the heck matters with spelling in the grand scheme of things? we need to get on not isolate people because we are different,everyone has things about them that others find difficult to tolerate but thats life.

New Threads

Top Bottom