• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Son's autism and SSI benefits

William Weiler

Ad Astra
I am trying to figure this out so I can help my son. I am not trying to get help with my situation, but I think I have to give this background to focus the answers to my questions.

My background:
I married and divorced into this bizarre family. I got hammered in court (naive and poor) and don't have custody or access to medical, but I can reverse engineer a lot from what is said and expenses. For example, reimbursement of prescriptions shows me the drug and dose. I am a program that helps people specifically in my situation, so I'm good to solve this situation.

My question:
My ex lost her job and asked if I could not pay child care (not support, this is like babysitting) so she could get benefits. I can't understand what she is saying. I offered to put him on my work benefits, but she said no. So these are SSI benefits? I read these are up to $750 a month. But isn't there a parent at home benefit that anyone can get? Can someone direct me to resources? I am finding this hard to understand. Knowing puts me in a position to make helpful, sub-liminal suggestions to her and her family. I can supplement whatever services my son may be getting, or help him understand them to get the most benefit.

This sounds like the sort of thing that could be a sticky legal mess and you really need a lawyer or legal advisor to help you navigate it. The link Crossbreed shared would be a good place to start looking for someone who could help. Also, you mentioned you're in a program, they may be able to assist.

Don't take random advice from the internet because if you screw something up here, you could wind up in a situation you really don't want to be in. I say this because it sounds like your ex is asking you to withhold some form of court mandated support so that she can receive benefits, which is dangerously close to a form of fraud, if it's not fraud already, whether or not you or she realizes it.

New Threads

Top Bottom