• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs You Don't Really Like, but Can't Stop Listening To

Mr. Stevens

V.I.P Member
I don't know if any of you get into these phases, but sometimes I keep listening to a song on repeat even though I don't even like it. I guess sometimes I need something ridiculous to laugh at, if it's been a stressful day. Right now, it's this:

It's like the dumbest, most upbeat song. Ridiculously upbeat. So on a day where I just want to beat my head against the wall, I need this. (And it reminds me of Seinfeld.)

Interesting strategy. Does it help in the end or is this more like self-inflicted suffering?

Interesting strategy. Does it help in the end or is this more like self-inflicted suffering?

Oh, it totally helps. I get into this giddy, delirious mindset. It's so helpful to have something I can appropriately laugh at. Otherwise I'd feel enraged, but would keep that in too much, not wanting to do something I'd regret.

I think part of it is the logic of the song, too. "Morning Train" has a nice horn arrangement, but it's kind of wasted on this silly song. And it's like show a tune...about a commute? It's funny to me, at least.

Another favorite:

She's a dancer, romancer
I'm a Capricorn and she's a cancer

I never fail to laugh at how dumb this lyric is and how serious he is singing it. Like there's some kind of revelation in there. Also:

I'm a man, not a baby
And you're lookin' every inch a lady!

I feel better already.

I hate the lyrics! I absolutely hate the lyrics! Can't stand them. But musically I think it's rather brilliant. But the lyrics suck.

I have it!!! The ultimate example of a song you kinda don't want to listen to but you can't stop! This is it! The ultimate in guilty musical pleasures!

EDIT: Warning! Cover your dog's or cat's ears!

Last edited:
I have it!!! The ultimate example of a song you kinda don't want to listen to but you can't stop! This is it! The ultimate in guilty musical pleasures!

That scared the holy crap out of my dog! He went from deep sleep to full alert protection mode!

That scared the holy crap out of my dog! He went from deep sleep to full alert protection mode!
Oh dear! I should have maybe added a warning! My cat gets a bit spooked by it too! Maybe they're equally as surprised that an Osmond's song could sound like that, let alone start like that! :smilecat:

It's all Talking Heads references but they look kinda like Devo!

They're just weird, all of them :)

red.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom