• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sometimes i wish i could control my stims, my echolalia and pallalia but cant

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
I try but cant i do my best but it does not work and i Apologize, many times its involuntary when i repeat things others say and things i think, i dont have tourretes btw but at times im like a parrot without knowing im sorry for things i cant help.

It's okay. We understand here. l repeat things too. It must be comforting to me. l don't care what people say. l live my life one day at a time.

I try though i do my best im sorry ill repeat things i m sorry i do my best to help it but cant im sorry im really sorry.

It's okay, AspieOtaku. My nephew does it, too. There no need to apologize. I just wish it didn't upset you so much but I do understand why it is upsetting when you have to deal with or associate with people who do not understand ASD. It's just how your brain processes information and there is nothing wrong about it.

I think NTs do it, too, but internally rather than out loud. NTs can get into mental loops and repeat things over and over in their heads. I get into those mental loops myself on occasion when something is greatly bothering me and I have to mentally yell at myself to stop and deliberately focus on something else. I think that is a technique called mindfulness. It is not unlike having a song stuck in your head.

I think my nephew does it a lot more on days when he is happy. He smiles, laughs, flaps his hands and talks up a storm. I worry on days when he is silent, withdrawn, rocks, and draws figure eights in the air with his finger because I think those days reflect depression or anxiety. I just love him no matter what he does. It's totally cool with me.

Sometimes we can avoid what is bothering us by repeating, sometimes there is a feeling we cant process or a thought we cant discuss. Other times its comforting. Just never feel guilty. Just love yourself- the great, the good, the soso, and even love the bad in you. You will feel better about yourself in the end.

Accept who you are if possible and show yourself kindness, you have no need to apologise here as you can be you..... All of you, i renumerate all the time and thoughts go round and round it's exhausting, i also tell my troubles to others if they want that or not, i'm so conflict avoidant that i just hope the problem will go away!!!!!!!!!!!

I try but cant i do my best but it does not work and i Apologize, many times its involuntary when i repeat things others say and things i think, i dont have tourretes btw but at times im like a parrot without knowing im sorry for things i cant help.
This is very normal.

Verbal/mental stimming is something I do as well. I learned at some point to confine it to my head. I have a nonsense phrase that I say over and over again when I am stressed.

After living in Japan for 3 years, I came back saying "Sorry" for pretty much about everything. The Japanese have more ways of saying "sorry" than I could ever imagine. It is used in every situation! Only the last person leaving the office does not apologize for leaving before someone else... and I have a feeling they say it to the empty walls! Otsukaresmadeshita! (You must be tired) Although it feels a bit like thanking someone for their hard work... it is more like an apology for leaving early.

All of these apologies got translated into I am sorry.

It annoys NTs i dont know, dont understand so i apologize showing its not intentional it just happens but they get mad or annoyed at me and look at me as a freak. The stares they give me i feel it and feel im subhuman or a freak from that stare.

New Threads

Top Bottom