• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something I am realizing about myself.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I vastly prefer single player gaming, but movies are experiences that I want to share with others. Whenever I watch a movie, I find myself thinking about who in my life might enjoy it. I prefer watching movies with friends as opposed to watching them alone.

I need to get out more to find more people to watch movies with.

This could be like a poll.

I've known people who prefer to watch movies alone and others want to share the
experience.
I want someone to watch the movie with. I just don't enjoy a movie by myself.
There are certain TV series I enjoy watching alone. Not full movies though.

I tend scream at creature features, or if l am stressed out, and the main lead is in a very bad position, l will be trying to talk them thru it. That may irritate some people.

I tend scream at creature features, or if l am stressed out, and the main lead is in a very bad position, l will be trying to talk them thru it. That may irritate some people.
If I’ve already seen the movie once before, I don’t mind other people talking about it while watching it.

I have to be alone when watching dramas ( don't watch films now), because I am way too vocal when it comes to evil people and when something pleases me, which would drive another crazy, as it does my hubs.

I like watching alone, although the question never occurred to me before, think I am very independent and also have adapted to my difficulties in unstructured social interaction by liking my own company. And that of the cat, of course, she's outside the bathroom door reminding me... think the OP is more extroverted than me. Or the cat.

My partner likes sport and war films etc which I sometimes like, plus they like fantasy and superhero films, so do I.

I'll always watch alone initially for the immersion and focus which helps properly enjoy movies. It's more important if they're slower. Once seen, if I think my friends would like it, I love doing a rewatch but together with them.

I prefer to watch movies alone, if I'm at home. If I watch with someone else, I need them to be quiet and not talk, or it won't work.

I don't mind both. As long as the person I'm with doesn't fall asleep in the middle of the movie and can't discuss afterwards. I have a couple friends who tend to do that so I avoid watching with them.

Occasionally I throw Watch parties for movies/show finales which are fun and appeal to my theme-loving side. Having one at the end of this month and I can't wait to start decorating. And everyone is bringing themed foods. Should be fun.

I can watch with others but only if they're quiet. I can't handle random interjections for some reason. Generally I prefer watching alone, as with most things.

To be honest, I prefer watching a film for the first time with friends who want to enjoy it in silence, but all viewings afterwards I do not mind people talking over the film. Does that make sense?

Yes maybe because you get an understanding of the film and it's intentions and content first, then can relax more?

I do mind it when people point out things in movies I enjoy that would never happen in real life, though. I already know that, just enjoy the movie.

I often think the same, that i want to share the experience with someone. But i would also be embarrassed to show anyone the shows/movies i like. Not bc of any particular reason but i would be overly self conscious

I often think the same, that i want to share the experience with someone. But i would also be embarrassed to show anyone the shows/movies i like. Not bc of any particular reason but i would be overly self conscious
I do have this problem when it's things that genuinely touched me. I try to hide how much I care about it until after I get their opinion on it.

New Threads

Top Bottom