• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some people don't understand how my mental health crisis works.

Oz67

To be honest, lawyer's advice is not helpful to my situation because I have serious mental health crisis, to a milder degree. I would rather confess anything to the police and explain that I have Bipolar Disorder and serious anger fantasies about killing my former bullies. I would rather get false accused of a crime at first and later on be found innocent and ask for help.

I know lawyers say that anything you do or say can be held against you in court, but who cares? At least it's the first step for me to get help.

I am sorry for venting, dear lawyers, please stop! I am not feeling well at all to not say anything to police. I am suffering in silence.

???

Missing some context. What's going on, my friend?

Here is a logical question, what was my school psychologist supposed to do? Not only do I have Bipolar Disorder, I have serious anger of fantasizing killing my former bullies. And I know that I have normal mood now, because I was doing something productive that is therapeutic, I have history of planning to commit suicide fast to the bridge and that is before I started having mild hypomania. I would rather falsely incriminate myself first, they find me innocent and I get the help I need.

You describe similar experiences I have.

I regularly have disturbing thoughts, violent imagery etc.
Hypomania by the bucket load
Suicidal ideation hasn't been so bad of late thankfully.

Ed

It sounds like you are screaming out for more therapy. Are you seeing a counselor weekly?

You need to get counseling before you have fantasies about talking to police. You will not be found innocent once they decide to close the books on a case and giving the DA a win. Police are not there to help, they will talk to you in order to gather evidence of your guilt. That is the way the system works: period. NEVER, EVER voluntarily talk to police.

You need to get counseling before you have fantasies about talking to police. You will not be found innocent once they decide to close the books on a case and giving the DA a win. Police are not there to help, they will talk to you in order to gather evidence of your guilt. That is the way the system works: period. NEVER, EVER voluntarily talk to police.

My parents are going to get me psychological help from my psychiatrist.

Maybe it will help you understand that bullies have deep insecurities themselves. So their horrible actions come from a deep dark part of themselves. It helps if we can understand anger and who it is directed to. Bullies have been sometimes subjected to horrible parents, horrible siblings, bad school teachers. Maybe you can step outside of your anger to see this viewpoint?

Last edited:
I feel bad now. I was not thinking in a rational way at all. Now I understand why lawyers are necessary, but I want special one that knows how to deal with me, especially when I almost incriminated myself to the police when I was depressed and had mild delusions of guilt. I was being too risky to myself, It not that I was NGRI, I kind of knew what I did is risky, but was incompetent to think in a rational way.

I was 19 years old at that time when that happens 3 times, and I was lucky enough to be found innocent by police and once by two FBI agents.

Is it true that a lot of people with bipolar disorder get killed by police? I have mild form of bipolar disorder, and I get scared and paranoid that not all of them are trained, I hide my symptoms of Autism and bipolar disorder when talking to them.

Although my symptoms of Bipolar Disorder is mild, because I am stable with medications, I am having a serious mental health crisis, but to a milder degree, and Bipolar and Related Disorders comes from the same phenomena of a serious pathological psychological highs and lows.

I hope that I am correct. One person scared me and said that my school psychologist could have killed me, because I have Bipolar Disorder and that a lot of people with Bipolar Disorder get killed by police. And I had to explain so many times to that person that I can use my social skills to hide my severe pathologist highs and lows and seep some of it out to the police when him and I build trust, so he can help me. I was not killed, the police officer was amazed that I am still in control, very intelligent, seem to think clearly and do very well in school, even though deep inside, I am suffering and just wanted help.

Think your medications are helping some what. You need to believe in yourself. This is important.

Last edited:
Maybe it will help you understand that bullies have deep insecurities themselves. So their horrible actions come from a deep dark part of themselves. It helps if we can understand anger and who it is directed to. Bullies have been sometimes subjected to horrible parents, horrible siblings, bad school teachers. Maybe you can step outside of your anger to see this viewpoint?

I can help them, I forgave them after a chronic time.

I honestly hope that you will take care of and value yourself. I have an inkling that when I felt the worst about myself people actually saw me differently, and a bit more positively, than I saw myself. I wish I knew that at the time before telling myself lies about being unlikable and undesirable. It has been a struggle to recover from that and I wish you luck in your struggle.

I honestly hope that you will take care of and value yourself. I have an inkling that when I felt the worst about myself people actually saw me differently, and a bit more positively, than I saw myself. I wish I knew that at the time before telling myself lies about being unlikable and undesirable. It has been a struggle to recover from that and I wish you luck in your struggle.

Thank you!

I know how you feel, mate. The police aren't very helpful and try to make you feel guilty. You just end up regretting turning to them for support.

I had them charging me a gazillion times, to the point where I was remanded in jail. Got sentenced eventually too. They don't even think about helping you the right way. They think it's better not to listen and mess with you. Then they blame your ailment.

Don't make violent threats though, if you can help it. They're inclined to use that against you. Even if somebody has done you wrong, it makes you look like a problem.

It's definitely not nice when you feel like you have to scream at the top of your lungs, and the noise does nothing. Been there. Bought the shirt.

New Threads

Top Bottom