• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some customers . . .

Rich Gray

Me: I can look you up in our system with A or B.

Caller: I don’t have A, can you find me with C.

Me: No C is the name of a product.

Caller: I have D, can you look me up with D?

Caller: Can’t you use C?

Me: No, that would be like calling Toyota, and telling them you have a Corolla. They would not be able to find you in their system with that information.

Caller: But I need to make my payment by the first.

Me: You may make your payment up to 30-days past your effective date.

Caller: I have not received any paper work yet.

Me: It will take 5-10 business days to get the paperwork done.

Caller: I want to make a payment.

Me: You cannot make your payment without the paperwork first getting done.

Caller: I don’t want to get canceled.

Me: You may make your payment up to 30-days past your effective date. This is how the process works for everyone.

. . . I am quite sure I left out 5-6 more “You may make your payment up to 30-days past your effective date” lines in there.

Me: No, that would be like calling Toyota, and telling them you have a Corolla. They would not be able to find you in their system with that information.

Me: You may make your payment up to 30-days past your effective date. This is how the process works for everyone.

. . . I am quite sure I left out 5-6 more “You may make your payment up to 30-days past your effective date” lines in there.

You are an exceptional customer service rep!!!! I'd go bananas.

Ugh. No fun dealing directly with policyholders. They weren't supposed to get to us at my level, but on occasion they figured out a way. Meaning one of my agents gave them my number. :rolleyes:

I still remember when the mother of a famous pop singer called me to complain that I non-renewed her auto insurance. Reminding me who her son was and I was going to be in trouble. No insurance for you!

Of course nothing ever happened. It was all perfectly legal.

But did I mention I had one of his albums? My bad. :p

Last edited:
Did you tell his mother, that you had one of his albums?

Ugh. No fun dealing directly with policyholders. They weren't supposed to get to us at my level, but on occasion they figured out a way. Meaning one of my agents gave them my number. :rolleyes:

I still remember when the mother of a famous pop singer called me to complain that I non-renewed her auto insurance. Reminding me who her son was and I was going to be in trouble. No insurance for you!

Of course nothing ever happened. It was all perfectly legal.

But did I mention I had one of his albums? My bad. :p

Sorry, why didn't you help the customer make the payment?
:)

two possibilities:

- if someone get's that 'desperate' to get insurance or a loan all my alarm signals go off
- or if this is a very insecure person that is desperate for security, these are low risks, and i am more patient with them

fast fast, rush rush, gotta have it now, 'trust me', 'do you know who i am' = demand to make an exception; to bypass normal procedures = 'warning wil robinson, warning'

if your file is solid it goes through fast anyway, it only takes time if you are hiding something / inconsistencies show up

I can understand your frustration. That's what it gets like with my students at times, when I try to explain grammar rules.

You would lose your mind down here, as we have a tendency to slaughter the King's English.

No worries, y'all. After all, that King began to lose influence here some 242 years ago. :p

250px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

Though admittedly on occasion it helps to speak a Yankee dialect if need be. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom