• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Social media struggles

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I know many of you entirely shun social media, I'm somewhere in the middle

I've have Facebook for many years, somewhat recent to Instagram (see signature below)

I occasionally post some of my photography to my Facebook page, am fairly active in a few groups

Yesterday, I posted what to me is a major slideshow of likely one of my biggest photo projects related to Remembrance Day, and... hardly any activity on it, basically none

Talking to a friend at work, he said that their algorithm often makes the post invisible to most people except those who I interact with lots on Facebook... I'm the first to admit that I'm not overtly chatty on Facebook, never have been... And I have never gone through the "feed" of friend's posts, I suppose I have the time, but don't see the need to do it, I have plenty of other better things to do, perhaps I'm too selfish in saying that, the give and take...

In the past I've done posts and gotten decent response, this time (perhaps due to what I said above) just about nothing... It just frustrates me because of all the work I've put in, plus my passion for Remembrance Day that no one else seems to get in any manner of speaking...

I'll be okay, just frustrated, I don't get the world of social media, probably never will fully, yet to get ahead these days it seems like a necessary skill... Or is it? o_O

I'll be okay, just frustrated, I don't get the world of social media, probably never will fully, yet to get ahead these days it seems like a necessary skill... Or is it? o_O

Well, if you are marketing something to make a living it's probably difficult to ignore. But as a device for socialization, I see it about as therapeutic as sticking your hand in a blender.

Though I must say, it alarms me to think of prospective employers who would seriously insist on people having a visible profile on social media sites. More herd mentality...:rolleyes:

Well, if you are marketing something it's probably difficult to ignore. But as a device for socialization, I see it about as therapeutic as sticking your hand in a blender.

Though I must say, it alarms me to think of prospective employers who would seriously insist on people having a visible profile on social media sites. More herd mentality...:rolleyes:

I think my biggest struggle is that I enjoy sharing, but trying to figure out where the best place to share...

I think my biggest struggle is that I enjoy sharing, but trying to figure out where the best place to share...

Hopefully you can find a domain more oriented towards art than Rome's Coliseum where spectators are more impressed with gladiatorial skills rather than photographic skills.

Those who are about to click their shutters salute you!

Last edited:
Hopefully you can find a domain more oriented towards art than Rome's Coliseum where spectators are more impressed with gladiatorial skills rather than photographic skills.

Those who are about to click their shutters salute you!

I'm also trying to just simply share with people I know, photographers or otherwise, but I do know what you mean... Sort of back to my initial post, I would much rather connect with people I know, in person, not through a computer screen, why I dislike the Facebook feed...

New Threads

Top Bottom