• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So you think YOU have it bad?

Tom

V.I.P Member
_101806118_33850852_1813607642279779_7508888128141131776_o.jpg

You could have been this guy they just uncovered in Pompeii.

Yeah, that poor person was minding his/ her own undead buisness and now his bones are all over the media! ;):tearsofjoy:

On a serious note, you could say that about anything in the world. Everything is reletive to each persons personal experiences mental processes. What is agony for one person may not bother another. Also, I agree with the fact that that he/she is most certianly dead. And has been for a while. It depends on religious belief, but right now, there are people who are feeling pain. I dont think the skeleton has the capacity to anymore. I am over thinking this:p

Oww, that had to have crushed his skull. Hope this person's death was quick.

Sigurd the Mighty, a ninth-century Norse earl of Orkney, was killed by an enemy he had beheaded several hours earlier. He'd tied the man's head to his horse's saddle, but while riding home one of its protruding teeth grazed his leg. He died from the infection.

Last edited:
Yeah, that poor person was minding his/ her own undead buisness and now his bones are all over the media! ;):tearsofjoy:

On a serious note, you could say that about anything in the world. Everything is reletive to each persons personal experiences mental processes. What is agony for one person may not bother another. Also, I agree with the fact that that he/she is most certianly dead. And has been for a while. It depends on religious belief, but right now, there are people who are feeling pain. I dont think the skeleton has the capacity to anymore. I am over thinking this:p

Yeah, just imagine reading the morning papyrus in sunny Pompeii, and then running through an ash and rock storm followed by a blast of superheated gases that knocks you down just to end up crushed by a huge stone falling off the building onto your head. I'll venture to state no one heres day has been that bad. ;)

Yeah, just imagine reading the morning papyrus in sunny Pompeii, and then running through an ash and rock storm followed by a blast of superheated gases that knocks you down just to end up crushed by a huge stone falling off the building onto your head. I'll venture to state no one heres day has been that bad. ;)
It happened over 1500 years ago. I think the poor skeleton is over it. Admittidly a horrible way to die, but nobody knows what the future holds for anyone- for all we know a meteor could do the same to all of us today. Also, you never know. It may have been a welcome death.

I am still thinking about whether the pompeii skeleton is a valid comparison to how bad a day is today. I cant quite decide how I feel.

I am still thinking about whether the pompeii skeleton is a valid comparison to how bad a day is today. I cant quite decide how I feel.

Perhaps the first question worth asking is whether or not that person was a citizen or a slave.

There are slower and more painful ways to die than that. He could have bled to death after receiving a penectomy that was performed with a rusty spoon. That would have been worse.

Possibly. They may know more once they excavate further. The head is actually missing from the body. They think it is under the rock.

pompeiipeople_listical.jpg

So the head has not been confirmed.

am still thinking about whether the pompeii skeleton is a valid comparison to how bad a day is

The standard scale of day badness is measured in PS. Pompeii skeletons.

To define a really bad day.

For example - you got a paper cut (PC)
That gives you a PS rank of 10.

We all know there is nothing worse than a paper cut. So that represents the maximum.

An average day :

It rained on your head,you fell into a pile of eggs and your mother fell down a sinkhole.
She texted you while she was falling and, unfortunately,she is still falling.
PS= 5

You've been dead for 1500 years,your feet are gone and you're not sure if you've got a head or not.

PS=1

Does that help?

So the head has not been confirmed.

The standard scale of day badness is measured in PS. Pompeii skeletons.

To define a really bad day.

For example - you got a paper cut (PC)
That gives you a PS rank of 10.

We all know there is nothing worse than a paper cut. So that represents the maximum.

An average day :

It rained on your head,you fell into ampile of eggs and your mother fell down a sinkhole.
She texted you while she was falling and, unfortunately,she is still falling.
PS= 5

You've been dead for 1500 years,your feet are gone and you're not sure if you've got a head or not.

PS=1

Does that help?
I dont know what to make of this. Clearly if he doesnt have a head he wont be sentient.

New Threads

Top Bottom