• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So relieved to have a formal diagnosis

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
My spiritual mom ( I would say: mum, but she is American) thinks that I look "normal" and said it was because of me, that she started looking at youtube and was so surprised to see many "normal" females on the spectrum and gets that female aspies are different to male aspies.

We chat on skype now and I am so impressed, because she said it takes 12hr flight to Spokane where she used to live and yet, only a couple of minutes, to connect from France to America via skype. That is called amazing eh?

Anyway, one of the first things she said: I would not believe that you have aspergers, but well, you are diagnosed and thus, it has to be believed and guess what? This is so empowering to me, because I no longer feel the need to justify myself.

I only have a small piece of paper that proves I am on the spectrum and that goes everywhere with me lol

We note that she could be on the spectrum too, despite her dr saying she couldn't be, because she functions well socially, but hey, don't many of us? Well, not me. I have never been able to wear the mask in social settings.

Last edited:
I'm glad it has worked out for you. It's interesting how you said that autism is different in women, I'll have to look into that.

My psychologist has told me I'm autistic several time, however I'm still considering to see a psychologist specialized in autism to have a more formal diagnosis.

I'm often getting the impression that the difference is more because of social standards but can't really know.

It's great that you bring these experiences to us females here. I have no idea if my mom is on the spectrum though l do wonder. l started talking to her about it but she wanted to act like l wasn't talking as usual. Pretty typical for her. Then she tried to diagnose me with something else because one college class makes you an expert of course. lol

Having autism doesn't have any physical signs. There are many successful people in the world that have Asperger's Syndrome. They look like everyone else. You don't need to carry a piece of paper around to prove you have Asperger's Syndrome. You are as normal as I am. As a matter of fact, there are those who have Asperger's that feel we are better off than those that do not have it.

New Threads

Top Bottom