• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So... I Have Aspergers.

C

Chris

Interesting... good to know... etc. Today I was diagnosed with AS. Pretty much what I expected lol.

Not sure what else there is to say lol. I never really felt quite right or as if I properly fitted in... now I know why, for sure... which is something of a comfort for me.

^_^

My AS was also confirmed and also I probably have ADD, some anxiety related thing, irlen syndrome/scotopic sensitivity and then the dyspraxia that I already know about obviously. So. Yeah. I didn't have a clue about the ADD.

For some reason I'm not surprised by any of this XD
Oh and about your ADD, think about that next time you tweet a bird. :p

Well this is interesting. How are you taking it? I assume you weren't like me who didn't have a clue what it was when diagnosed. What made you go for a diagnoses/how did it happen? 

I've just been curious about it ever since learning more and more about AS - a lot through the forum. I grew 'too' curious to contain it anymore a few weeks ago and we arranged a private assessment. That was more or less rounded off today. :)

So now that you are diagnosed, has anything changed for you? Like, would you have preferred not to have it or not know about it w/e? When I was first diagnosed, I rejected it until I researched it and finally accepted it.

Oh and BTW you're officially one of "us" now.   :D

I'm not surprised. I was actually wondering if you could have it and you don't even know it.

So now that you are diagnosed, has anything changed for you? Like, would you have preferred not to have it or not know about it w/e? When I was first diagnosed, I rejected it until I researched it and finally accepted it.

Oh and BTW you're officially one of "us" now.   :D

I kind of already had a very large "inkling" so nothing has really changed as such. I'm sort of glad I have it... if I didn't, I'd be one f-ed up individual whom has a lot of seperate issues lol.

I got diagnosed when i was 11 but didn't really think anything of it until around a year ago when I started doing research into it.
It was a special interest for a couple of months.
Yeah. I'm that egotistical. I got obsessed with an idiosyncrasy of mine. LOL.
EMZ=]

Congratulations Chris! :D

I was diagnosed at 14 because the shrink messed up. I was rediagnosed last summer, with PDD-NOS, which is what I really have. Some people still call me an Aspie for some reason.

I kind of already had a very large "inkling" so nothing has really changed as such. I'm sort of glad I have it... if I didn't, I'd be one f-ed up individual whom has a lot of seperate issues lol.

Good point, it is reassuring to know that you aren't simply f-ed up. At the same time knowing that all of those things about yourself are not really you as such, but the syndrome, is kind of worrying. I guess it is different for me, I'm a lot older than yourself and I had already come to terms with being f-ed up, and to now I work out that I'm not kind of throws a spanner in the works.

I'd say that you are a fairly mild case, and if it weren't for your relationship with Willow and your involvement with this forum you most likely would have gone through life just feeling like you were a little "odd". Things can only get better from now on.

Willow - the ADD is the only part of the syndrome that really bothers me now. Let us know how you get on with it.

Good points, 142857.

There's just something about the clarity of the matter that I think will really help me. :)

How did it happen so quickly? Took me ages to get acessed. Did you and Willow go at the same time? lol

We did go at the same time, but obviously had individual tests etc.

We went private, expensive, but cba with the NHS. :/

So Chris, what actually happened at this assessment? I assume it didn't just go like:

Chris: Hello, I think I may have Aspergers Syndrome.

Doctor: Yeah, I agree. You look like one.

Doctor: That'll be £100 please.

What were the tests like? I remember doing some tests for my diagnoses and getting asked to explain things about myself (which he recorded in a big book thingy).   :)

Erm. I've gone through the NHS before and they didn't test me for anything yet still arrived at a conclusion of Autism Spectrum Disorder. The person we saw/are seeing privately was recommended to us by the National Autistic Society, he's been through a lot of widely used tests with us and he is going to be writing up a report for Chris, and for me later as he is still testing me for some things.

New Threads

Top Bottom