• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So frustrated!

Ronin82

Dog Trainer Extraordinaire
V.I.P Member
I keep seeing advertisements for ride-sharing and food delivery services who want to hire drivers. They all harp on the positives, but say nothing about any drawbacks to the work. I've already verbally informed my current employer of my intention to quit (on condition of certain precursory events happening), and that I will be working these gigs full-time. However, after reading reviews from contractors for those companies, I realize that the idealized version of what they promise will be NOTHING like real life! I STILL won't be able to afford any free time, or handle my bills! Why can't they be upfront about such things? Why do I have to jump to fantasies where everything is solved and my life is JUST the way I need it to be?? Why can't I do something to actually get ahead in life!?!??!?! Now its entirely possible that I will be unemployed (again!) after the first of the year, but I'm working so hard to find a better-paying job that doesn't kill me with boredom or fire me after 3 months! The job I'm working right now is ALMOST perfect as far as most job duties, but the hours and pay are seriously hampering my ability to work on my own rehabilitation. GROWL!!!!!!

My life could be so easily fixed, I just don't see how to make it actually happen.

The great thing about crap low paying jobs is that when people ask the inevitable question, 'what is it that you do?' You have a fob-off reply to give them while privately you look for something better. Unless you're from a wealthy or well-connected family you do have to start at the bottom in this world.

Sometimes the struggle is tooo real. America has changed. We are all struggling to stay afloat. l struggle to get up and out the door for work as a older female. So l sincerely hope today brought you some type of happiness!

I've never moved from the bottom. Been working since I was 16, I'm now 37, and have NEVER had a decent-paying job that lasted. My family is not wealthy or well-connected, so I'm screwed. I dunno......I just don't think I can survive in this society, certainly not alone!

I have had poor jobs, have been discriminated for many different reasons but l still do my best. l am hearing from my European friends that it isn't much better except they have health coverage. It seems that the only power the government has is to keep the working class struggling to keep power over the masses.

I lived in LA and was shocked at the number of homeless woman. Mostly woman over 55 and landed there as a result of divorce, job loss,health issues or bankruptcy according to a article l read. Homelessness is pretty epidemic everywhere now. Most older people will not retire and work straight into 80's. I live in a very friendly older people state and l feel very privileged to live here especially after Cali.

I hear a lot of stories of woman who move in with a guy, then they break up, and the guy takes everything from them. Also where l live, none of the men work so it wouldn't do you any good to live with them, lol. And the local men fail IQ tests also.

New Threads

Top Bottom