• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So excited for my "possibly Aspie" friend

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
So my "possibly Aspie" friend, with whom I've had a regular online dialogue for over 3 years, has graduated from University and just got a good job in his field (IT networking). So happy and proud of him for this. He lives in a country where the job market is very difficult so this is very good news. We've never met but I think he's an extraordinary person so stepped in to help out when his family stopped paying for his University courses. Now he can start out debt free and he is so happy for the first time in a long while. He has had a hard life in many ways due to his differences but he's really an amazing person who has been a very caring, loyal and consistent friend. This group has helped me in understanding things about him that I would not have understood had I not been coming here and listening to all of you so I thank you for that help. I may never know if he really is an Aspie but don't feel that's important anymore- I value his differences and treasure him as the unique and wonderful person that he is.

What a kind and generous person you are @Lucy. Your friend is very fortunate to have you in his life and it sounds as though you really value his friendship too :)

So my "possibly Aspie" friend, with whom I've had a regular online dialogue for over 3 years, has graduated from University and just got a good job in his field (IT networking). So happy and proud of him for this. He lives in a country where the job market is very difficult so this is very good news. We've never met but I think he's an extraordinary person so stepped in to help out when his family stopped paying for his University courses. Now he can start out debt free and he is so happy for the first time in a long while. He has had a hard life in many ways due to his differences but he's really an amazing person who has been a very caring, loyal and consistent friend. This group has helped me in understanding things about him that I would not have understood had I not been coming here and listening to all of you so I thank you for that help. I may never know if he really is an Aspie but don't feel that's important anymore- I value his differences and treasure him as the unique and wonderful person that he is.
Welp ive only met two possible aspies in my life, one of which was always fascinated with everything and had a genuine interest in mtg, math and physics, and dressed in a more eccentric way he was super cool to talk to(except when talking about mtg because i only play the game casually and learning the 2000 meta decks without knowing the name of the cards can be very tedious and that i was a bit of a bad person cause i got really bored when he talked about it) irronically his parents both work with autists(either he never felt confortable to admit it or he flew under the radar or just he is a very weird guy) the other a friend of mine told me that he was asperger's but he likes to not tell me anything about his life, he likes politics and eletronics he is always with this super serious face(which is contrary to mine since i basically smile when talking to people) he likes to tell me every political leaning of mine is wrong(on which i cant stop to basically make stereotypes(both mine and his) to get him to lose his temper)
Guess i will never known for certain

New Threads

Top Bottom