• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Slow Processing

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
I have always been slow processing social communication and I know that I probably missed a lot. Now, with Steve Lacy's Bad Habit, I see recognition of this. No one of us is alone.

I over process and over react which pisses me off. Like l need to get better. I have made some improvements thanks to this forum. Today l was fed up with someone hounding me for pictures. I kinda let a verbal bomb off. Then l got over it. I wasn't too out of line, so there is improvement however l food appeased myself which probably isn't great, but l feel better.
Then there was a creepy guy outside of gym which freaked me out, like he obviously doesn't workout. What are you doing here? People don't understand that older ladies are stressed out by strange men? If l don't know you, l assume the worst, that you are Ted Bundy's uncle and you are just as twisted. Older ladies are raped in Florida sadly. I don't care what you drive, or what you look like, l do have people phobia, maybe from Autism or too many true crime shows. :(

So I am slow to process emotions l guess. Do you think? Lol

I over process and over react which pisses me off. Like l need to get better. I have made some improvements thanks to this forum. Today l was fed up with someone hounding me for pictures. I kinda let a verbal bomb off. Then l got over it. I wasn't too out of line, so there is improvement however l food appeased myself which probably isn't great, but l feel better.
Then there was a creepy guy outside of gym which freaked me out, like he obviously doesn't workout. What are you doing here? People don't understand that older ladies are stressed out by strange men? If l don't know you, l assume the worst, that you are Ted Bundy's uncle and you are just as twisted. Older ladies are raped in Florida sadly. I don't care what you drive, or what you look like, l do have people phobia, maybe from Autism or too many true crime shows. :(

Me too, regarding over processing and over reacting to things.

Yes me too but it does take looking back through the lens of an understanding of autism to see why/how that affected social interactions earlier in my life. It's good to know. Some such times were puzzling and uncomfortable, not knowing what I didn't know. As it were. I want to go back in a time machine and explain to myself, and befriend myself. Not to mention save myself some money on therapy....

Yes me too but it does take looking back through the lens of an understanding of autism to see why/how that affected social interactions earlier in my life. It's good to know. Some such times were puzzling and uncomfortable, not knowing what I didn't know. As it were. I want to go back in a time machine and explain to myself, and befriend myself. Not to mention save myself some money on therapy....
I want to savor the positive in my life so I can parent that hurt inner youth. I want to tell him that everything will work out, not immediately, but in a way that will see him loved and accepted.

I need to remind myself how far I have come and all the experiences and skills I've learned that few people have managed. And the remarkable life I have had with my spouse.

I am glad you think to be careful. I am a man and I always try to keep my distance from women, not get too close or accidentally touch them. I also do not make eye contact with them or if I am behind them when they are walking I try to go fast enough to get ahead of them so they can see me. I never go anywhere near a woman at night. If I am in a room with a woman I try to make sure she is closest to the door and that I am never between her and an exit.

I hope you are alway safe.

I am glad you think to be careful. I am a man and I always try to keep my distance from women, not get too close or accidentally touch them. I also do not make eye contact with them or if I am behind them when they are walking I try to go fast enough to get ahead of them so they can see me. I never go anywhere near a woman at night. If I am in a room with a woman I try to make sure she is closest to the door and that I am never between her and an exit.

I hope you are alway safe.
Thank you grommet.
I am glad you understand. It's good you are careful too.

New Threads

Top Bottom