• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skyrim

Riley

So, I recently got the game Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. And currentl,y, I'm having several crises with it. First off: I'm freaking out over how I make my character look. And about the race I make her, as part of me is very curious about the various interactions. Any help/advice from you guys on this issue?

I wouldn't worry too much about interactions. There aren't many based off of race and gender. As far as I can remember being an Orc will get you immediate access to the Orc Strongholds throughout Skyrim but a quest will get you access to them quite easily. In terms of gender, I think there is a quest you can access as a female from the priests of Dibbella in Markarth.

Both of them aside, race and gender is quite superficial in Skyrim I'm afraid. A missed opportunity by Bethesda in my opinion. They should have made it that as a Khajiit you needed to get smuggled into cities or as a Dunmer (Dark Elf) you need to prove yourself first before accessing Windhelm.

I love the game, it's one of my all time favourites but there is a lot more that Bethesda could have done which they did do better in TES4: Oblivion.

Is it okay that, aside from things like hair color, lip color, and shapes, I don't change other things about my character's base.

I have a khajiit who is the sterotypical “yes, I do steal but only occasionally...often...and it’s only to feed my family (doesn’t have one.,not even a dog!) please let me also take all the cheeses you have, oh and your shoes are veeerrrry nice. “. It wasn’t intended that way at all. And I’m not partial to playing the more anthromorphic races either. I was going to make an (female) imperial...and ended up being the reluctant anti hero with a perchance for good cheese, a kleptomania for shoes, and light fingers in his role as a thief.

It’s how you choose to play your character that makes this game awesome. And I agree with @Southern Discomfort , aside from occasional comments, nothing really has an impact about your race. If you want a game that has some relative impact on your race/class, I suggest Dragon Age. Origins or inquisition (inquisition being more recent) has the “knife ear” thing going.

And changing a few things but keeping the base is what I did with my khajiit.

Skyrim is a story driven game, so interactions with NPCs (Non Player Characters) forms a large part of the game play, if you're having issues maybe the game isn't for you.

Although to be honest I bought it on eBay a few years back on Xbox, didn't rate it and resold it.

If you're on the PC version of the game, there's a mod called Race Menu that adds so much more customization options, and there's even an extension for it that adds on to the head presets that lets you use the heads of NPCs

Skyrim is a story driven game, so interactions with NPCs (Non Player Characters) forms a large part of the game play, if you're having issues maybe the game isn't for you.

Although to be honest I bought it on eBay a few years back on Xbox, didn't rate it and resold it.

My brother said I was overthinking it. I'm more comfortable now; I based my Imperial girl off of a character from a RP I did back when I knew barely anything about the game.

It’s how you choose to play your character that makes this game awesome.

I'm SORTA doing that. I'm giving her a faint attitude and something of a rebellious quality. But the werewof thing is just something A) I want to do and B) rub in my niece's face.

I'm SORTA doing that. I'm giving her a faint attitude and something of a rebellious quality. But the werewof thing is just something A) I want to do and B) rub in my niece's face.

Sounds good. My khajiit is just shady, lazy and likes his cheese. So far disappointed that he doesn’t get paid every time he kills a dragon.

Werewolf is fun. Vampire is better. — if you have Dawnguard dlc.

New Threads

Top Bottom