1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skateboarding

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, May 15, 2021.

1. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

In America, some places rally and get a skateboard park for kids. This gives them something to do instead of finding bad things to do. These parks are usually a decent size, are gated, and various ramps. They probably have helmet requirements listed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ForestGumpett

ForestGumpett Active Member

Basketball Goal! Those bouncing basketballs will echo all through your house even at a good distance down the street. I feel about basketballs bouncing like you do about skateboards.

It would be wonderful to say that these people grow up and move away lol.

As a former skateboarder, and one of the few girls skateboarding in the late 70s they just don’t bother me except I’m a bit jealous lol, older you get the slower a person will mend after a fall. Miss rollerblading and ice skating too.

Is it your dogs barking? If so, usually saying no loudly with a rolled up newspaper slapped across the floor or your knee will stop this. I never believe in hitting a dog with your hand, but a newspaper will get the point across without even touching them!

***If it’s really bad and they are rude - and you want to fight fire with fire then if their path is in front of your house, you could easily “accidentally” spill a couple bags of cat litter across the road (at night in the dark - your only a criminal if you get caught lol) it would make for a nasty speed bump and I could pretty much guarantee they would avoid that area. ;)

4. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

It's a liability hazard both on public or private property. At least in the case of skateboard parks, such liability is understood and agreed to by those owning and operating such a business.

I loved my clay-wheeled skateboards as a kid. But then it was a few years before people like Tony Hawk were even born. Back then skateboarding was pretty tame in comparison. But then so were the threat of so many lawsuits.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I used to skate back in the day and have a live and let live attitude about it. It is not a bad or unhealthy activity of itself (outside certain risks in the more dangerous manuvers). It certainly beats drugs or robbing conveinance stores.

;)

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1