• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Site Statistics...?

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
Is there any way that we can get a page that shows demographical statistics generated from membership data?
  • Continent/country,
  • Age,
  • Gender,
  • Diagnosis,
  • other ideas?

Last edited:
Is there any way that we can get a page that shows demographical statistics generated from membership data?
  • Continent/country,
  • Age,
  • Gender,
  • Diagnosis,
  • other ideas?
We have 12,551 registered members on this forum as of now.
Some active, some that registered and never returned.

Who should take on this daunting task?

Who should take on this daunting task?
As a programmer, I would think that you could write a page that has variables in it derived from the member database, a la MS Excel or Access, etc. It would only need to be written once without a person reading each individual file.

You could put thresholds in it, like >1 post or present in the last 3 mos., etc.

As a programmer, I would think that you could write a page that has variables in it derived from the member database, a la MS Excel or Access, etc. It would only need to be written once without a person reading each individual file.

You could put thresholds in it, like >1 post or present in the last 3 mos., etc.
Ok,help me here. Are you saying that you are a programmer,or are you assuming that I am?

I am a programmer. I am guessing that @Brent is one, too. One would have to be familiar with this software, if it had such capabilities. Brent would be ahead of me there.

Ok,that is something he would have to answer.

I'm not sure how accurate the info would be with many of the members not fully disclosing some of the info you are seeking.

If there are some particular stats you’re interested in, you can create a survey as part of a forum post.

This version would stay up to date without any on-going effort, especially if screened for the last 90 days.

Sounds like something that would involve integrating Google Analytics into Xenforo to show user demographics. I believe it's free. Something Brent is probably aware of short of presently using some other server-based log analyzer product.

Though whether he'd be willing to share such data to members might be another matter.

Last edited:
My question is: what's the point of it? Does anyone really care about such statistics, other than plain curiosity? And would that make it worth the trouble?

I personally would like to face such statistics. I don't understand what troubles could happen... If you talk about statistics like on YouTube where no concrete users are shown.

As a few others have implied, personally I don't see the point of publishing statistics that don't likely reflect totally accurate information to begin with. After all, many of us don't necessarily answer factually when it comes to vital statistics to protect our own privacy.

While a few people may be scrupulously honest about such information, others of us are more pragmatic about their privacy for security purposes. Especially when and where it's not absolutely required.

It can be done, but under such circumstances why really bother ?

Last edited:
My question is: what's the point of it?
Just plain curiosity.
As a few others have implied, personally I don't see the point of publishing statistics that don't likely reflect totally accurate information to begin with. After all, many of us don't necessarily answer factually when it comes to vital statistics to protect our own privacy.
Google Analytics can get accurate geographical data without compromising anyone's privacy. I have access to that in my Blogger account (which is also owned by Google).

Last edited:
I have seen some members here who are loath
to disclose in chat what Time Zone they are in, their feeling
of wanting privacy is so great.

Google Analytics can get accurate geographical data without compromising anyone's privacy.

It may be academic in the big picture depending on how much user data that is being harvested is bogus by choice. Though your point is valid that certain types of data harvested cannot be so easily altered by users for security purposes.

IMO it isn't a matter of whether it can be done so much as a question of whether it should be done. Right now I don't think the public has a deep trust over third-party entities handling such data for good reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if the host already uses log analysis for internal marketing purposes. Where it wouldn't offend me if they fundamentally felt that such statistical data is none of our business.

Last edited:
Hello, a late contribution to the topic.

I think at least revealing the situation; diognised vs self-diognised alone would make a difference.

The condition specific membership form data could be used, so that there won't be any privacy issues attached.

Or we can just open some surveys, if possible ( i ve not checked that one yet)

New Threads

Top Bottom